• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Getting anxious

Loops

I completed my Nutritionist appointment this weekend and had a cancelation for my phyc eval open up for this past Monday.....I've completed the pre-recs now to wait for pre surgery testing and to start my pre-op Diet. This has been a whirlwind to be honest. I was thinking about a revision and finally decided to get an opinion and now since Nov. I have my surgery scheduled for March 21st. I'm getting so anxious about all of this but excited. Thanks for taking the time to read my updates.

You will do great! Keep up the great work. The Pre Op Diet period is manageable and is good preparation for post surgery! I just had my surgery a month ago and felt so anxious too, but one month out, I am doing okay. I'm managing my daily walks and will attend a tai chi class tomorrow!

The best surgery I ever had. No bleeding, no discharge of any kind. I was up eating broth and liquids 4 hours after the surgery, walking the hospital hallways 6 hours after surgery to get exercise. I could have gone home in one day but my surgery pain relief meds wore off and I voluntarily decided to stay another night. I received some Tylenol infusions with my IV and 3 more pain shots. The next morning I woke up super, full of energy and my wife picked me up. We stopped and ran some errands on the way home, I was absolutely fine at home , no problems I showered and laid down to watch some tv and rest. Absolutely perfect digestion and bowel movements. Stay on liquids , you will feel great , the weight starts falling off 5 to 10 pounds per week , weigh yourself when you wake in the morning , check your sugars in the morning if you are diabetic and check your blood pressure in the morning and 4 times a day. Don’t focus on the bad or pain, that will fade in 3 to 10 days, focus on your weight reduction and how little food you have to actually buy and consume. Hooray!!!

Back