• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Getting Back On Track?

As I previously posted, I've been having some personal family issues that have really thrown me for a loop mentally. Which has had a very negative impact on my food choices. I am a big "Weigh, Measure and Track Your Food" person, and yet, I'm embarrassed to say I can't seem to get back into it. What I have been doing is prepping my meals and snacks that I take up to visit my mom, who is currently in inpatient rehab. So baby steps right? It has worked somewhat, as I have lost 4oz. Which is fine but hard to get excited about when for the past year I've been losing HUGE amounts at once. I was hoping for BOOM Negative 10 lol But .. it's work, so work I will.

What are some of the things that those of you who are also struggling are doing to get back on track?

Not off track but on the bus instead of the train. I am using the bariastric app for logging food, water and exercise since I am still struggling to get high enough protein still. I haven’t got to the I am hungry food stage. Still not overly hungry. I clock watch for times to eat. My second struggle right now is my hip. Chronic pain is not your friend. Especially when it hurts to stand sit walk lay down or wakes you up from sleep. You would think with the weight loss it wouldn’t hurt as much, but not me. I have been approved for hip surgery. The reports from X-ray was read by bariatric team and they are approving the surgery before 1 yr anniversary date since there is not much exercise I can do without pain. It stinks when your water therapy causes more pain than you started with. Since my protein levels are still low dr wants me to get 100 gr protein. I am trying. Be safe have fun.

As I previously posted, I've been having some personal family issues that have really thrown me for a loop mentally. Which has had a very negative impact on my food choices. I am a big "Weigh, Measure and Track Your Food" person, and yet, I'm embarrassed to say I can't seem to get back into it. What I have been doing is prepping my meals and snacks that I take up to visit my mom, who is currently in inpatient rehab. So baby steps right? It has worked somewhat, as I have lost 4oz. Which is fine but hard to get excited about when for the past year I've been losing HUGE amounts at once. I was hoping for BOOM Negative 10 lol But .. it's work, so work I will.

What are some of the things that those of you who are also struggling are doing to get back on track?
Missy, this will sound trite; it always does to me. When the walls are closing in, go to a safe place and BREATHE... deliberately, slowly, and on the inhale, imagine something beautiful coming in. Exhale worry, anger, resentment. And cry if the tears come along with it.

I've also found relaxation and self-esteem follow a good bloody screaming into a pillow. Never hurt to get out a tennis racket or baseball bat and giving a pillow some good whacks.

Until I took a physical step to relieve anger, my body was an isometric knot tied onto itself without end. After... it was like a warm pool of silken water.

I don't know how people handle living with others who occupy one's private space without welcome. I have to live alone, where only my dreams taunt me until they're dismissed.

Demand 15 minutes of YOU time and make sure everyone imagines horrors if they violate it. You are NOT the only solution for others' problems.

Thank you for being here with us. You are so appreciated and loved.

75 Hard is like a challenge. You o it for 75 days there are challenges that you need to meet each day
I do a 30 day version where my challenges are not so strict like.
each day:
Drink at least 64oz a day
Two workouts daily with 1 beingvoutside
Read 10 pages in a book daily
Follow a food plan and track daily
Check in with someone with the group daily
Take before/ after photos weigh in weekly

you can make your own list whatever you or your group want to commit too
It really has helped plus I got to meet some great people a long the way. There were some days that I needed the help and other days I was the one encouraging.

I really like the idea of a 30 day challenge, just to get back on track. I have always done better when accountable to others, weird as that seems. Not that I need them to check me, but because I don't want to let them down and we're in it together. Is anyone interested in this? We could check in on the thread or get a DM group going. And decide what we might want to commit to for 30 days.

Diane, it doesn't sound trite. Or rather, it does, but sometimes those things work best. On Oprah (way back in the day) a therapist suggested smiling at yourself in the mirror. I thought .. what a crock. But then I did it, cracked up cuz what?!?! but it really DOES improve your mood. I also like the idea of screaming into a pillow. I am finding things that are helping to keep me from being so overwhelmed and always appreciate any ideas.

I really like the idea of a 30 day challenge, just to get back on track. I have always done better when accountable to others, weird as that seems. Not that I need them to check me, but because I don't want to let them down and we're in it together. Is anyone interested in this? We could check in on the thread or get a DM group going. And decide what we might want to commit to for 30 days.

I'm all for it. I was starting my September habit tracker tomorrow anyway so this will fit right in. Count me in!!

Back