• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Getting nervous

Christian

I have my pre op visit 10/11, and then surgery on 10/30. I was nervous to begin with, but after reading some posts I am really feeling nervous. To make it worse is I'm affraid of needles so I know I'm going to be in a world of pokes lol. Just trying to to remind myself of the benefits. One question, how long where many of you out of work? I have heard a week, then others say 2.

Most of the sleeve patients I've read on here are usually 1-2 weeks, depending on how much time they can take off work and usually are cleared to return after 2 weeks. Bypass is a little different, takes more time to recover, I returned to work after 3 weeks, which was a little too soon, but some take 4-6 weeks before returning to work.

I took 3 weeks off of work, however that was as I had bypass, not the sleeve. It was recommended that I take 4-6 weeks off after surgery. It was a bit rough at first, just adjustment wise and I had side effects that interfered but overall it was okay to return after 3 weeks.

I
I have my pre op visit 10/11, and then surgery on 10/30. I was nervous to begin with, but after reading some posts I am really feeling nervous. To make it worse is I'm affraid of needles so I know I'm going to be in a world of pokes lol. Just trying to to remind myself of the benefits. One question, how long where many of you out of work? I have heard a week, then others say 2.
Took 3 but probably didn't need that extra week and I had bypass surgery, I think it depends on what kind of job you do, I worked in a school, mostly on my feet but not hard work, and I was able to sit when I needed to

I'm nervous, but I know in the end it's going to be worth it! You just gotta remember that! Good luck with everything, you will do great!

Back