• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Getting the fluid down.

Keith Wells

Bariatric Guru
Hello, I was wondering if anyone has had a hard time drinking their intake of fluid and Protein amounts?
I have surgery soon, so very curious? Thanks

Lol, it is a full time job getting those fluids in. So far the best thing that has worked for me is to use the 1 ounce medication cups for the first few days, write down after each set is finished, so that I can keep up with the amount. Yesterday I lined all of my fluids/drinks up togather for the day and set goals to get so much down by such an amount of time. Now I am trying to get it figured out how to set them up for when I get back to work. Had my surgery this past Monday and am now starting to get bored at home. Good luck.

I am having troubles getting all my liquids in. I never drank that much before and now I still don't want to drink. I am trying but it is hard to remember to drink. My dietitian said to set a timer for every 30 minutes then drink 2-4 oz every time it went off. That worked for a while. But now I'm more active and I forget to set timer. Talking to people who has had this done it is a struggle for them all.

I have a hard time getting all the liquid in, as well. I gave up soda before surgery. I had no trouble drinking 64 oz. when I could drink soda. Now, it is harder. I am tired of water. I have bought some crystal light powders to add to it and that helps but still having a hard time.

The first two days after surgery I couldn't drink 64 ounces but as my stomach healed it has gotten better. My doctor has me on 150 mg of Zantac to keep the acid down in the stomach. He says it's easier for the stomach to heal. I'm suppose to take it for 3 months. I forgot it the first two days and noticed a big change in the last two days. Now I'm better at getting past the required amount of water.

Back