• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

getting your protein

booly

found these wonderful protein bars . they are called questbars loaded with 17 to 21 grams of protein with very low sugar amounts multiple flavors. I buy them at a place called the vitamin shoppe

found these wonderful protein bars . they are called questbars loaded with 17 to 21 grams of protein with very low sugar amounts multiple flavors. I buy them at a place called the vitamin shoppe

Thanks for the info.. :)

You have done WONDERFUL losing your weight! CONGRATULATIONS!!! You've lost 121 lb since April? AWESOME!!!!

Cheyenne :cool:

thank you Cheyenne the hardest part is still to come think. I look at people like you as role models to keep with it over the long haul. congrats to you as well

thank you Cheyenne the hardest part is still to come think. I look at people like you as role models to keep with it over the long haul. congrats to you as well

Thanks so much, I just try to remember every day how much harder life was when I was almost 200 lb heavier. I never ate because I was depressed or sad but rather our family enjoyed food, everyday we had great meals, deserts and snacks while we watched movies, played games on the computer and had a wonderful time. I had to change my outlook on food because my health was deteriorating and I decided I wanted to live and be healthy. Life doesn't have to revolve around food. Eat to live not live to eat. Bariatric surgery saved my life. I am ever so grateful to my Cardiologist who encouraged me to have this surgery. Life is wonderful and I am enjoying simple pleasures such as sitting in the chairs in the doctor's office and I fit with room to spare instead of having red marks on my thighs from the chair being so tight. I can actually breathe easily when I walk now. My sleep apnea is gone. No more sleeping with a machine pumping air and a mask over my face. I could go on and on. Life is now so wonderful!

Cheyenne :cool:

Hello,

I will look them up. I have ordered many things via internet from the Vitamin Shoppe. Strange as it sounds, many times when I order over the internet the item is less expensive than if I went to a store to buy the same item!

The carb content is higher than the protein... SOOOO what is the benefit?

The carbs should be less than 5 grams of protein to 10 grams of protein OR the Protein content should be 75% more than the carbs..

This is NOT a great product for WLS folks.

These stats are for one flavor only, each one has a different value...

Real cookie crumbles and delicious cream

Protein Blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate), Isomalto-Oligosaccharides* (Prebiotic Fiber), Water, Almonds, Cocoa Butter, Erythritol. Contains less than 2% of the following: Cocoa Powder, Natural Flavors, Coconut Oil, Sea Salt, Sunflower Lecithin, Dextrin, Baking Soda, Steviol Glycosides (Stevia), Sucralose.

Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 1 (60g)
Calories 180
Calories from Fat 60

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Amount/Serving

%Daily Value*
Total Fat 7g 11%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 5mg 2%
Sodium 310mg 13%
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Magnesium 6%
Phosphorus 10%

Amount/Serving

%Daily Value*

Potassium 95mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 22g 7%
Dietary Fiber 17g 68%
Sugars 1g
Erythritol 2g
Protein 21g
Calcium 15%
Iron 2%

Contains: Almonds, Coconut and Milk Derived Ingredients

I've been eating Quest bars since I was able to try solid foods. It's an easy, on-the-go breakfast since I'd rather spend my early mornings getting in my work-out before darting out to work. My surgeon and dietician know I use them and neither have said they are "bad" and I shouldn't use them. I've learned on here that many doctor's will give you information that varies somewhat, so I'd check with your own and do what you think is best. An example: I actually had a P.A. at my surgeon's office lecture me when I said I occasionally drink "skim milk!" I managed to not bite his head off when I told him that I don't have it all the time and I count it in with my calories. I then asked him what was worse, 180 calories of skim milk with natural protein or a candy bar? That shut him up! My point is, sometimes you need to use your common sense and not take everything said as "the only" way to do something. This is a whole life change, so you have to choose what's practical and makes sense in your life.

I checked with my dietician and she said they are fine ....take carbs minus fiber minus sugar alcohol equal net
cookies n cream calories 180
carbs 22g
fiber 17g
erythritol 2g
NET CARBS 3g
protein 21g

Back