• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Glad To Be Here!

BIG-K

Hello everyone...Trying to get down to 225lbs. When I started I was 378lbs and as of this morning I was 260lbs. My surgery was 1-22-2014, I had my blood work done and everything is normal! I was a diabetic and had high blood pressure and now it's gone. I am 48 years old and live in Georgia, I have not been going to my support group because it is too far away from where I live and I don't know of any close to me, so I thought I would join and see if anyone could help me.

I have done good so far but now I am stuck! I have been staying between 254 and 260 pounds now for a month. My calorie intake is at 1200 per day and I walk 2 to 3 miles a day, I have tried running but my knees don't like it very much :eek: So for now all I can do is walk. if anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful.

Hello everyone...Trying to get down to 225lbs. When I started I was 378lbs and as of this morning I was 260lbs. My surgery was 1-22-2014, I had my blood work done and everything is normal! I was a diabetic and had high blood pressure and now it's gone. I am 48 years old and live in Georgia, I have not been going to my support group because it is too far away from where I live and I don't know of any close to me, so I thought I would join and see if anyone could help me.

I have done good so far but now I am stuck! I have been staying between 254 and 260 pounds now for a month. My calorie intake is at 1200 per day and I walk 2 to 3 miles a day, I have tried running but my knees don't like it very much :eek: So for now all I can do is walk. if anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful.

Hi BIG-K!!! WELCOME to the Forum!!!

You have lost 118 pounds in just 6 months. That is an amazing amount of weight lost in a very short time. It is normal for your body to hit a plateau every couple of months from here on out. Your body is trying to stabilize itself before allowing you to lose more weight. I am at a plateau again right now myself. Try changing your diet around a bit. Try eating more protein and less carbs. You will start losing again.

Good luck to you, :)

Cheyenne

Thanks for the help Cheyeene I will give that a try and see if it will kick start my weight loss again.
Hi BIG-K!!! WELCOME to the Forum!!!

You have lost 118 pounds in just 6 months. That is an amazing amount of weight lost in a very short time. It is normal for your body to hit a plateau every couple of months from here on out. Your body is trying to stabilize itself before allowing you to lose more weight. I am at a plateau again right now myself. Try changing your diet around a bit. Try eating more protein and less carbs. You will start losing again.

Good luck to you, :)

Cheyenne

Back