• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Goal weight reached!

fuww57

It's official. I reached my goal weight of 175 lbs. today which means I lost over 50% of my starting weight of 362 lbs. I feel truly blessed because the surgery was the answer to my prayers. I was fortunate because I experienced no problems after surgery and the weight started coming off rather quickly. I know others have not had an easy time with it but all I can say is that it is worth it to be able to get your life back. No more diabetes, afib, hypertension, and sleep apnea. Yes, it's also an ego bolster, especially when people who haven't seen me since I had the surgery need a moment to recognize me. I also just donated 6 huge bags of clothing so, in a way, I get to pay it forward. There is no surgery for tobacco, drug or alcohol addiction, so those of us who have struggled with overeating are so fortunate to have a means to kick our habit. To those of you who are planning the surgery or have had it and are in the process of reducing, I wish you all success, happiness, and most importantly, good health.

Last edited:
It's official. I reached my goal weight of 175 lbs. today which means I lost over 50% of my starting weight of 362 lbs. I feel truly blessed because the surgery was the answer to my prayers. I was fortunate because I experienced no problems after surgery and the weight started coming off rather quickly. I know others have not had an easy time with it but all I can say is that it is worth it to be able to get your life back. No more diabetes, afib, hypertension, and sleep apnea. Yes, it's also an ego bolster, especially when people who haven't seen me since I had the surgery need a moment to recognize me. I also just donated 6 huge bags of clothing so, in a way, I get to pay it forward. There is no surgery for tobacco, drug or alcohol addiction, so those of us who have struggled with overeating are so fortunate to have a means to kick our habit. To those of you who are planning the surgery or have had it and are in the process of reducing, I wish you all success, happiness, and most importantly, good health.

Let me be the first to say CONGRATULATIONS

Now comes he rest of your life . Keep up the good work.

Ralph

AWESOME!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!! :)

Wishing you many years of continued success maintaining your weight and healthy lifestyle!!!

Have a Wonderful Holiday!!!

Cheyenne :cool:

:cool:Congratulations. That's amazing. Keep up the good work. Your success has given me the encouragement that it can be done.

:cool:Congratulations. That's amazing. Keep up the good work. Your success has given me the encouragement that it can be done.

Janice, WELCOME to the Forum!!!

You are doing WONDERFUL!!! You have lost a lot of weight in a short time :eek:

Keep up the great work!

Cheyenne :cool:

Thank you so much for your kind words. They too encourage me to continue a desire to stay on program and enjoy my new life.

whoohoo! congratulations! I am so happy for you keep up the good out look on life, I am only 38 pounds from goal!

Thanks. Congrats to you. You are doing so well. I didn't get to my last 38 lbs until way over a year past surgery so you're ahead of the game. It will go quickly.

Thanks, I feel fortunate that the weight is coming off so fast. I find myself getting frustrated if I don't loose atleast 5-10lbs/week.
Did you find yourself getting tired easily through your weight loss journey? I think I am because I am loosing the weight so fast.

Actually, my energy level picked up as I lost more weight. I did have other issues, like mood swings. But it was also because I was dealing with the world again after almost 4 years of keeping to myself. I would get very sad after I ate. Still do, occasionally. Maybe my subconscious is saying, "Hey, you call that dinner? That's not going to assuage me." I've been very good about making sure to take the recommended supplements which might keep me from tiring. But everyone is different and especially men and women.

Congratulations to all of you.

Isn't it great to reach goal?

Isn't it great to see the weight coming off?

Isn't it great to get back stamina, energy, looks, new clothes, happier, etc., etc.

I know I will never regret making this decision and I have never been happier.

Everything is going so well.

Ralph

That's awsome! I look at your pic and know that this 20 lbs I'm still battling with WILL come off if I WILL it enough!!! Great work...keep it up!

Back