• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Goal Weight

When I went I discussed it with the surgeon. They also went by my height and bone structure.

TillieS

I have a friend that is the same height and bone structure as me she weights 135 and looks good that's the weight I choose.
U can ask yr PCP to give u a weight.

I think it's wise to set a goal weight as a general guideline and not a firm goal. The reason is because as you lose it could be that your comfortable 5 pounds heavier or in some cases I've seen that people go much below what the intended and that's where their body seemed to like to stay. It was still within the range of healthy. I look at BMI calculators and see what is 18.5 to 22 and use that as a goal "area". None of this is from personal experience though! Just what I read and gather from others.

Hi , Im going to do the Bariatric Surgery. I don't know what one is better. The Sleeve Gastrectomy or the Roux-en-Y Gastric Bybass.Can anyone out there help me out please. and by the foods, I do eat the Protein first,then the rest, for snacks, I eat Yoplait Greek, and Kellogg's Special K makes cereal bars and chips. you can eat them instead of the other bad snacks,, but keep the fruit and vegs,in your meals to..

Thank you ,,Bethlyn70

Bethlyn,

Stop trolling and spamming others posts.. It is very rude and will make folks avoid your posts and avoid commenting on your posts... Stop being rude

Back