• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Got my date!

Hi-Just found out my surgery date is Dec 10. I start my 2 week liquid diet tomorrow. Never thought this day would come. I'm scared, nervous, anxious and excited! Thanks to those of you that kept me going all these months of waiting.

Hi-Just found out my surgery date is Dec 10. I start my 2 week liquid diet tomorrow. Never thought this day would come. I'm scared, nervous, anxious and excited! Thanks to those of you that kept me going all these months of waiting.

Wow cograts on your date.

Looks like there were be a bunch of us recovering at the same time. Congrats on getting your surgery date. I think the time will go quickly.

Well all was set up for me to have surgery on the 2nd of Dec. Well it looks like I will have to wait until Feb for my surgery. My white blood cell count was up and we were trying to figure out why. I had an injection on Thurs by my pain Dr and I didn't know that it had a steroid in it so now I have to wait. :-(

Well all was set up for me to have surgery on the 2nd of Dec. Well it looks like I will have to wait until Feb for my surgery. My white blood cell count was up and we were trying to figure out why. I had an injection on Thurs by my pain Dr and I didn't know that it had a steroid in it so now I have to wait. :-(

Oh Tillie, I am so sorry that this happened to you. This is soooo awful. February seems so far off. No chance of doing it sooner? Are they just waiting for your white count to go down, or is that when the surgeon next has an opening for you? Don't get discouraged. Well, you will get to eat Christmas dinner. Lol.

Oh Tillie, I am so sorry that this happened to you. This is soooo awful. February seems so far off. No chance of doing it sooner? Are they just waiting for your white count to go down, or is that when the surgeon next has an opening for you? Don't get discouraged. Well, you will get to eat Christmas dinner. Lol.

I believe it is a little of both. I am trying to keep my spirits up. I cried probably will do so again. Christmas will be good but I will still be keeping up the smaller meals higher in protein and fish fruits and veggies. I hope that everyone will have a Blessed Thanksgiving.

Oh my Gosh. You were my surgery buddy! I don't want to sound selfish but I was so looking forward to sharing this day with you. I'm so darn disappointed. Well I'm sending you a big cyber hug your way. You are still my surgery buddy. I'll see you on the other side real soon. Go wild and live it up this holiday season for all of us, ok?

Oh my Gosh. You were my surgery buddy! I don't want to sound selfish but I was so looking forward to sharing this day with you. I'm so darn disappointed. Well I'm sending you a big cyber hug your way. You are still my surgery buddy. I'll see you on the other side real soon. Go wild and live it up this holiday season for all of us, ok?

Thank you for the cyber hug. I was so upset I cried my husband wasn't quite sure what to do with me. There's only one good thing about any of this I wont have to start the whole process over. The nurse nav told me that since my surgery was approved I wont have to meet a new year deductible. Good luck to you my surgery buddy and I will be on the other side real soon.

A few years ago I broke my leg requiring surgery. It was a two week wait for Surgery and the night before, they called to cancel and move me another 4 days. I was so upset - you get all psyched for surgery it is hard to go through it again. But you have all of us wishing you the best and know it will work out as it should. Best of luck to you.

Tillie...I know you are disappointed, but all things happen for a reason. Hang in there.

I just made it through Thanksgiving dinner. Family was super sweet and didn't eat in front of me.
Looking forward to my cream soup, lol

Tillie...I know you are disappointed, but all things happen for a reason. Hang in there.

I just made it through Thanksgiving dinner. Family was super sweet and didn't eat in front of me.
Looking forward to my cream soup, lol
Yeah I was really disappointed but, I am doing better with it I know that the surgeon is thinking of me. He said that the medicine that I got via the injection would slow down my healing and we don't want that. I did pretty good with Thanksgiving dinner didn't over do it and leaned heavier on the protein and veggies. Your family is super supportive and that was really cool that they gave you that respect as to not eat in front of you. Good luck with your upcoming surgery and I will be joining everyone on the other side real soon :D

TillieS, I am so sorry that you have to wait a bit longer.
Personally I am glad your Surgeon sat on the side of caution even though it is disappointing to say the least.

((((((((((TillieS)))))))))

TillieS, I am so sorry that you have to wait a bit longer.
Personally I am glad your Surgeon sat on the side of caution even though it is disappointing to say the least.

((((((((((TillieS)))))))))
My brain knows that the surgeon is right I had to get my heart in line with it. I am good now and I am just playing the waiting game.

Tilly, let's look at the big picture in Real Time. No unnecessary risk or suffering after surgery, ok got that....but best of all....Celebrate!!! Take advantage of saying Good Bye to the old you and Welcome to the New You this New Year. Enjoy The Holiday Fully. Be sure take lots of pretty pictures with you starring in them (for next years comparison). Then say auld lang syne to the old you and Hello to the new you. Have fun and know the future looks bright.

Back