• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

gummy vitamins

mrsb2164

I started taking my gummy vitamins in the evenings. I have been feeling yuk but not vomiting some nausea. 2 weeks out. Anyone having troubles with that. Do I take 2 at one time? Actually I took 2 vitamins and 2 B12 two nights in a row.

I started taking my gummy vitamins in the evenings. I have been feeling yuk but not vomiting some nausea. 2 weeks out. Anyone having troubles with that. Do I take 2 at one time? Actually I took 2 vitamins and 2 B12 two nights in a row.

WELCOME TO THIS FORUM!!!! What type of surgery did you have? Did you have R-N-Y or the Sleeve? The R-N-Y requires more supplements than the Sleeve.

My nutritionists recommends taking 2 vitamins at one time. However I was told that most gummy vitamins were not good enough nutrition wise. Someone on this list had the name of a really nutritional gummy vitamin but I can't remember what kind it was. Just be sure and check that yours is complete enough vitamin wise. Check with your nutritionist.

Cheyenne

I have also heard that the body will not absorb gummy vitamins as well as a chewable one. Have your surgeon recommend some good brands for you, I take foltex which is a supplement prescribed by my surgeon (for life now) as well as a chewable adult centrum complete each day.

Not all Adult Gummy Vitamins are nutritionally complete nor do they all have minerals and iron so please do due diligence...

Also keep in mind, your 2 weeks out, on a proton pump inhibitor(hopefully) so your belly may not be able to digest and process the GUMMY vitamin and you may also run the risk of having gummy sticking issues...

The link below, check and compare the supplement facts to a bariatric vitamin as well as against the one your currently taking.

http://www.nnpvitamins.com/vitafusion/multivites.php

I was also told to stay away from gummy vitamins. But yes, I had a hard time taking my chewable vitamins initially. I took what my stomach would tolerate until I reached a full dose.

Like you Laura my Pouch (Baby Roo) did not tolerate the same things all of the times, one day I'd be fine and a day or 2 later I'd have to switch up.

I switched between 3 different bariatric vitamins and Centrum liquid as my belly would tolerate for the first few months...

Back