• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Gurgling

Hello! How many weeks/days has it been since you had your surgery? I experienced quite a lot of gurgling the first few weeks after my VSG, but it subsided significantly over time. It happened specially right after I ate (drank) something, but it was not limited to those times. The noise was intense enough to be heard by other people. I did not have any pain related to it. It was just very noisy and a lot of movement inside. I was told it was normal and had to do with inflammation. In any case, you should ask your bariatric team, if only to ease your mind.

Yes, it feels like gas, but I only notice it at night when I am laying down. It is very noisy and travels all around. I don't usually feel anything sitting or standing. I am going to try getting all my fluids in at. least an hour before bed and see if that helps tonight. I agree it doesn't hurt, it's just different and would be embarrassing if it happens while I am in public.

It's so funny we're talking about this. Gurgling has always been a part of normal digestion in my world, in my stomach and in those around me, not to mention movies and tv shows. So when I was reading this today, It was being discussed like foreign policy on one of the morning tv shows.

Back