• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Had my gastric bypass surgery on Tuesday

Kelsey dawn

Hey everyone, I had my surgery on Tuesday and it went well. I’m struggling with this liquid diet tho even tho I’ve lost 15 pounds since starting it. I’m ready for soft foods in a week and a half. Still have a lot of gas pain in my stomach but I’m doing okay. Any tips on getting through the liquid diet would be nice. It’s so hard I’m getting so tired of protein shakes and soups lol

Hey everyone, I had my surgery on Tuesday and it went well. I’m struggling with this liquid diet tho even tho I’ve lost 15 pounds since starting it. I’m ready for soft foods in a week and a half. Still have a lot of gas pain in my stomach but I’m doing okay. Any tips on getting through the liquid diet would be nice. It’s so hard I’m getting so tired of protein shakes and soups lol
Yes, I have been struggling as well. It's harder than I thought. I lost some weight during the first week, but gained it back in fluid. Was 202 day of surgery and only 198 today, 10 days later. I am totally sick of the lame choices as well. Blah! I want to eat real food!

The liquid diet is a struggle for sure. But stick with it. Your body needs to heal. That being said, mix up your shakes, soups, water. Its not as bad if you're enjoying the stuff you do get. Don't just eat soup out of a can. Either make your own or go get some from a restaurant. I strained my local diners lemon rice. My husband strained wonton from his Chinese place. Sit down at the table and eat your jello/yogurt whatever like an actual meal. You'll at least feel like you're having a meal. Which is better than sip,sip, sipping for weeks in end lol

How is it going now that it has been a little over a week? I hope you are dealing with the liquid diet better. I have my surgery next Tuesday, the 13th.
I’m actually in the er right now with stomach pains dry heaving and diarreah I think I’m dehydrated but they are also doing a cat scan to make sure I’m not leaking

The liquid diet is a struggle for sure. But stick with it. Your body needs to heal. That being said, mix up your shakes, soups, water. Its not as bad if you're enjoying the stuff you do get. Don't just eat soup out of a can. Either make your own or go get some from a restaurant. I strained my local diners lemon rice. My husband strained wonton from his Chinese place. Sit down at the table and eat your jello/yogurt whatever like an actual meal. You'll at least feel like you're having a meal. Which is better than sip,sip, sipping for weeks in end lol
That’s a good idea! I’m onto soft foods now so I have a little more of a variety now

Back