• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

had surgery 6-23-2015=had lots of trouble but now am doing better!!

dmk_129

Hello everyone! I have been away a long time! I had my surgery 6-23-2015 and afterwards had severe nausea and vomiting pretty much 24/7 for 6 weeks. I couldnt eat and ended up having a PICC line placed in my arm and having TPN which is IV feeding. I am doing better now. I had a repeat surgery 7-30-2015 for an obstruction caused by an adhesion. I am now eating again. I realize this isnt at all the norm after LRNY surgery. Even my doctor was a little stumped over all the nausea and vomiting issues. I am glad to be making some progress. I am down to about 156 pounds now. So I have lost quite a bit of weight. Back in April my WT was in the 180s! I am working on getting my strength back and still fight with the nausea and vomiting at times but not continuously like it used to be. Has anybody else had nausea that lasted a long time after surgery? If so what did you do? I am eating a lot of soups. It seems to be well tolerated. I try to use the Chunky Soups with higher protein and do some shakes too. Any suggestions would be great!! Chime in if you can help! I missed everyone here!

Dee

Hello everyone! I have been away a long time! I had my surgery 6-23-2015 and afterwards had severe nausea and vomiting pretty much 24/7 for 6 weeks. I couldnt eat and ended up having a PICC line placed in my arm and having TPN which is IV feeding. I am doing better now. I had a repeat surgery 7-30-2015 for an obstruction caused by an adhesion. I am now eating again. I realize this isnt at all the norm after LRNY surgery. Even my doctor was a little stumped over all the nausea and vomiting issues. I am glad to be making some progress. I am down to about 156 pounds now. So I have lost quite a bit of weight. Back in April my WT was in the 180s! I am working on getting my strength back and still fight with the nausea and vomiting at times but not continuously like it used to be. Has anybody else had nausea that lasted a long time after surgery? If so what did you do? I am eating a lot of soups. It seems to be well tolerated. I try to use the Chunky Soups with higher protein and do some shakes too. Any suggestions would be great!! Chime in if you can help! I missed everyone here!

Dee

Hi Dee! I am so sorry to hear you have been so sick! We have missed you!!!

The only nausea problems I had was because of gallbladder problems. I lost so much weight so fast it ruined my gallbladder. I'm all fine now but I was a very sick cookie from it all for 3 months because they left a gallstone in me which blocked my liver duct!

Hope you continue to feel much better!

Cheyenne

Dee

What a difficult experience.

It is far from normal for sure.

I am happy that you and your surgeon finally got things straightened out.

What I am wondering about is how your qualified for WLS since your starting weight was only 188.

Are you a small person? I see your goal was to lose 50 pounds. Did you have other complications?

If I am intruding, I apologize just curious.

Thanks.

Dee
Hi this is Yetta. I am current in the hospital with similar issues. Please call me at 4042174296

Back