• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hair Loss

My hair is very thin. It got much thinner. So thin that I bought a messy bun style piece to thrown on until it started to grow back. It is a few months, which is stressful. But very few people go bald. I was thin for sure but had no bald spots. And it grew back in fine.

Make sure you get all your protein and take all your vitamins. Don't add additional Biotin unless your team says its okay. It won't stop the hair loss but malnutrition can exacerbate the issue.

Yes, there was definite hair loss that lasted a few months. Remember your body does not absorb nutrients like it used to, make sure to follow directions and take your vitamins. I could not tolerate any form of protein which caused some problems, but I finally found some bars I could handle.

Yes, there was definite hair loss that lasted a few months. Remember your body does not absorb nutrients like it used to, make sure to follow directions and take your vitamins. I could not tolerate any form of protein which caused some problems, but I finally found some bars I could handle.

All good advice here, but hair loss after any kind of surgery is actually a side effect of surgery and weight loss:

Yes, it's very disconcerting to deal with the huge volume of hair loss. I have long, thick hair but still very upset each time I wash or brush my hair or even run my fingers through my hair, with the amount of hair I've been losing, it's a huge amount. It's just upsetting even though I understand it should only be a 3-6 month side effect.

Back