• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hair loss

Hair loss after major surgery is common. It doesn't matter what supplements you take or how much protein you add. It's called Telogen Effluvium and you can read more about it here:

1700796741639.png

I just had a visit with the dermatologist and discussed Telogen Effluvium with her. She told me to make sure I’m getting my MVI with iron, vitamin D and my protein goals met, because it does make a difference in hair loss. As far as switching from chewable, my bariatric team encourages chewable due to better absorption. Unfortunately, the stress of surgery has this effect. I’ve been going through it myself with only small gains in hair growth at 14 months post surgery.

I just had a visit with the dermatologist and discussed Telogen Effluvium with her. She told me to make sure I’m getting my MVI with iron, vitamin D and my protein goals met, because it does make a difference in hair loss. As far as switching from chewable, my bariatric team encourages chewable due to better absorption. Unfortunately, the stress of surgery has this effect. I’ve been going through it myself with only small gains in hair growth at 14 months post surgery.
thanks I'll go back to chewables!

Back