• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hallo!

MissusM

Hello!

I am Jami Lynn. I am 41, 5’7”, and currently hovering around 275. I live in Vancouver, WA, with my dreamboat of a husband and the world’s most cherished cat! I have a daughter in college, and I am so blessed to live the life I do.

I wanted to take a moment to say hello! I have been reading many of the posts here as part of my research into bariatric surgery, and I appreciate having access to such personal stories and experiences. I am at the end of what has been a 2-3 year long research phase into surgery options, and I have decided to have a gastric sleeve.

We all have our personal stories, and Lord knows I have mine. Battling my weight has always been a huge side plot in my story, and I can’t see how it will end well. I currently am dealing with osteoarthritis, a mild problem that has rapidly gotten worse over the past 6 months. I am standing in front of a door leading to diabetes and heart disease. And every other problem that can result from my obesity.

It is up to ME to take steps to end my journey towards morbid obesity once and for all. I want a long life. I want to be there for my loved ones. The reality of almost 30 years of dieting and overeating has finally hit home.

I can no longer afford to risk my health, my future, and my happiness. I am worth being the best version of me I can be!

So again, hello! Thanks for having me.

Hello!

I am Jami Lynn. I am 41, 5’7”, and currently hovering around 275. I live in Vancouver, WA, with my dreamboat of a husband and the world’s most cherished cat! I have a daughter in college, and I am so blessed to live the life I do.

I wanted to take a moment to say hello! I have been reading many of the posts here as part of my research into bariatric surgery, and I appreciate having access to such personal stories and experiences. I am at the end of what has been a 2-3 year long research phase into surgery options, and I have decided to have a gastric sleeve.

We all have our personal stories, and Lord knows I have mine. Battling my weight has always been a huge side plot in my story, and I can’t see how it will end well. I currently am dealing with osteoarthritis, a mild problem that has rapidly gotten worse over the past 6 months. I am standing in front of a door leading to diabetes and heart disease. And every other problem that can result from my obesity.

It is up to ME to take steps to end my journey towards morbid obesity once and for all. I want a long life. I want to be there for my loved ones. The reality of almost 30 years of dieting and overeating has finally hit home.

I can no longer afford to risk my health, my future, and my happiness. I am worth being the best version of me I can be!

So again, hello! Thanks for having me.
Hi Jami Lynn and welcome. You sound like you have the right attitude to be successful. I have also been fighting this fight for decades and I came to the same realization as you... if not now, when?

It's wonderful that you have a loving, supportive husband in your corner. And I'm sure your daughter will love seeing you get healthy.

Congratulations on your decision to pursue the sleeve. We have many members here who have had a lot of success with that.

I'm glad you've been reading our posts. I hope you're getting a lot of valuable info. If you have any questions, we're open and friendly and love to chat. :)

Hi Jami Lynn,

I’m glad you popped in to say hello. I read a lot on this site too in preparation for my upcoming surgery. I only recently started posting and talking with others. I encourage you to hang around and share your story. Everyone here has been so friendly and open about their experiences.

I understand the need to move to action. It took me a good five years to finally decide to move forward with surgery and I’ve been working with my surgeon since April of 2019 to prepare for my upcoming RYN surgery on 2/13/2022.

I hope to see you in the forums.

Take Care!!

Back