• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Happy New Year back from a wonderful vacation

dancinbr

Hello everyone,

My wife and I over the Christmas holiday decided to "take off" and get out of New York and off we went on a last minute fantastic 10 day cruise to the Caribbean on the Norwegian Gem out of Manhattan, NY.

We simply had one of the best vacations of our lives.

We both left with a cold and a possible sinus infection starting up.

So off we went to our allergist doctor who knows how to knock these things out. He gave us both prednisone and antibiotics that would last longer than the cruise.

I started to feel better just immediately before we embarked on the cruise. Then the fun started.

Naturally, I ballooned up in weight; all the way up to 210 !!! from 198. That is the prednisone doing its thing. I am back down to 204 now and heading down. Hopefully, in the next week or two I get back into my desired weight goal range of 196 to 200.

I have to tell you the stamina I have now is fantastic. I walked almost each day around the ships promenade deck for at least 1.5 miles.

I also went on a catamaran/snorkeling excursion in St. Thomas. I had no issues swimming to shore some 200 yards away, observing fish on a reef and then swimming back to the catamaran. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

While in St. Maarten we went on an Island excursion both bus and boat and then off to front st for obligatory shopping!!

The rest of the time we thoroughly enjoyed the food, drink and entertainment on the boat. Quite frankly, I enjoy the boat and being on it more than the land excursions; albeit the snorkeling was fun.

So I am back and I will begin to participate, once again, in all the forum posts.

Happy New Year.

Ralph

Hello everyone,

My wife and I over the Christmas holiday decided to "take off" and get out of New York and off we went on a last minute fantastic 10 day cruise to the Caribbean on the Norwegian Gem out of Manhattan, NY.

We simply had one of the best vacations of our lives.

We both left with a cold and a possible sinus infection starting up.

So off we went to our allergist doctor who knows how to knock these things out. He gave us both prednisone and antibiotics that would last longer than the cruise.

I started to feel better just immediately before we embarked on the cruise. Then the fun started.

Naturally, I ballooned up in weight; all the way up to 210 !!! from 198. That is the prednisone doing its thing. I am back down to 204 now and heading down. Hopefully, in the next week or two I get back into my desired weight goal range of 196 to 200.

I have to tell you the stamina I have now is fantastic. I walked almost each day around the ships promenade deck for at least 1.5 miles.

I also went on a catamaran/snorkeling excursion in St. Thomas. I had no issues swimming to shore some 200 yards away, observing fish on a reef and then swimming back to the catamaran. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

While in St. Maarten we went on an Island excursion both bus and boat and then off to front st for obligatory shopping!!

The rest of the time we thoroughly enjoyed the food, drink and entertainment on the boat. Quite frankly, I enjoy the boat and being on it more than the land excursions; albeit the snorkeling was fun.

So I am back and I will begin to participate, once again, in all the forum posts.

Happy New Year.

Ralph

Glad to have you back, Ralph!

Sounds like you and your wife had a dream vacation :) I have never been on a cruise myself but it sounds like loads of fun!!!

Happy New Year to you, too!

Cheyenne :cool:

Glad to have you back, Ralph!

Sounds like you and your wife had a dream vacation :) I have never been on a cruise myself but it sounds like loads of fun!!!

Happy New Year to you, too!

Cheyenne :cool:

Thank you.

This was our 4th cruise.

I love it.

I especially love being on the boat. You have highly personalized service from a cabin steward to entertainment, to the various bars and restaurants.

Plus you get to add excursions at your land stops.

I quite frankly enjoy being on the boat more than anything. You get food, drink, entertainment and meet all kinds of people.

You have to try it at least once.

Most of our cruises we chose the balcony. This time around we did a last minute and took an oceanview. The room was fine. We had a port hole to look out. And we enjoyed the sounds of the waves lapping up against the hull. It put us to sleep.

So much fun.

Ralph

Back