• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Happy Thanksgiving

WazzuCoug

I am thankful for this community. You've all been supportive, responsive and educational for me. I really appreciate it.

Although 2020 has been a crazy year in so many ways, I hope you still have much to be thankful for. Without a doubt, I am thankful for the outcome of my surgery so far.

Today, I'm enjoying Thanksgiving like I would any other year, albeit with smaller portions. Nothing is off the menu. I decided that what is more important about what I eat today is what I eat the rest of the year. Thanksgiving didn't make me obese. The habits and food choices I made every other day, aside from two or three holidays/special occasions per year, is what made me obese. I don't plan to "stuff" myself. I still plan to eat a sensible amount, but I'll eat a bit of everything and enjoy my time with my family like any other Thanksgiving of the past. When this day is past, good, healthy food choices will continue as they have been since surgery.

I hope that if you just had your surgery and you are on the liquid phase you may get some turkey broth, or perhaps a creamy turkey soup. If you are on the puree stage, whip together some turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy. If you are eating regular foods, don't be afraid to eat a little of anything that you can tolerate and don't make the day a stressful day about food. Enjoy the day, enjoy the food, and continue moving forward in a positive way through your journey.

Thanks again for the support over the last several months, I have greatly enjoyed our community.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and a nice weekend.

Ryan

Hope everyone has a great day! I am SO Thankful for this community!!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL! I am so very thankful for this group and all the wonderful people here. I wish all of you many blessings, good health and success in your WLS journeys.

I am of the same opinion as Ryan, where it isn't the one or two holidays that got me into this mess I too plan on eating a small amount of whatever it is I want for today. I need to be able to learn to know when a special treat is for and not indulge at other times . By letting myself have just a spoonful or two of something special I don't feel deprived and I'm learning how to control how much I eat. I'm not making a lot of variety this year since it is just my husband and myself but I am having some of the traditional foods. And I made these.... Sugar free pumpkin pie custard which I will dollop with a small squirt of light whip cream when I serve it. Enjoy your day everyone!!! :)

Back