• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hard

No, it certainly is not easy. And there are so many people out there that think it works like magic. I have to be honest, I thought it was "cheating" for years. I saw that you just had your surgery 10 days ago. Congrats. It IS hard, but you can do it. Aside from the long term health benefits, it's so much easier to MOVE! I haven't felt this good in decades. Follow the guidelines your doctors gave you. Once you start feeling better and can actually chew food again, it gets a little easier. Good luck.

Linda, how far out are you? I don't keep good track of everyone.

Even if you've only lost a pound, celebrate your victory. Every time you don't give in, celebrate. Sharing your feelings, celebrate. Fight against the monster who's trying to run your life and celebrate. You know yourself, what you desire. Fulfill a desire with a gift you deserve.

And add my thanks and warm appreciation for your wonderful sharing in our group.

no it’s definitely not the easiest way out . It’s the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my entire life and I’m going to try really hard to keep the weight off because it feels so good to be thin and healthy again . Yeah before surgery you could eat anything . All the junk you wanted Twinkies, soda, cakes, pies , huge steaks and hamburgers. You know what I mean.now I’m eating better .I do have an occasional sugar free slice of cheesecake or pie now and then or a small bowl of dips but it’s all I’m moderation and haven’t dumped in a long time exce for today’s iced coffee which I’m still feeling the effects of . Well now I know no more coffee. So I just learn from trying new things to eat or drink that were approved by my bariatric team

Back