• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Has anyone heard from Hummingbird?

I haven't seen Hummingbird post lately. She posted a day or two after her surgery but haven't seen anything since. Was just wandering how she was doing.

No, I haven't, and I'd like to. I think if you post a comment to her on this forum it would go to her email.

I'm still here...lol

Hi.....things have not gone well for me since surgery. I gained 14lbs after surgery from all the fluid and from the Dr. Trying to free my colon to do the By-pass....I had a lot of trauma in my abdomen. I carried all that fluid for 2 weeks. Was very sick and nauseous for several weeks.
They did a C. T. Scan on me but it came back ok....think because the fluid finally came out.....
My Dr. Has not heard of some of the things that I was going through....so it's taking me a little longer to get going.
I am loosing weight but haven't had much of an appetite.

I had to take a trip back to Ohio because my mom had a couple of strokes. I did stick to eating like I should but that's been very stressful.

Thanks for thinking about me...sorry I haven't been on for a while, just a lot going on.

Hope things are well with you....and I hope things get better for me also.

Thanks again,
Kathy

Hi Hummingbird! Thank you for writing. We understand why you haven't had a chance or desire to post. I don't "know" you but the group of people I've come to know on this site care about each one of us. You can count on me to transmit a cyber hug I am here to share your burden. I'm glad to see that you are getting back on your feet again and things are looking up. I hope you and your mom a speedy recovery and a happy future. I'm sure your future will be brighter so break out the shades.

Hi Hummingbird I am new to the group like gr8k8 and I too would like to send you a cyber hug. Hope you and your mom continue to do well.

Back