• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

has anyone here had a mild heart attack?

I am so behind on this. As this was from last week. But I'm glad to hear there was no heart attack. However going to a rally where you are yelling and screaming sounds like the worst possible thing to do after a "heart attack," as yelling and screaming raises your blood pressure. And also, if you don't want to phone a friend, why not take an uber? I don't know why the nurse you talked to on the phone didn't suggest that. It might cost $20 or $30. But that's way less than $2000. Honestly, if I was that nurse talking to you, I would've dropped everything I was doing and drove to your house, and took you the ER myself.

And yes, hospitals are allowed to detain you against your will if they feel it's necessary. And 90% of the time, it's mental health related. Especially in your case, where you have a history of it. (We all do, believe me. But your's is documented.) I'm not saying that you shouldn't be completely honest with your doctors. But just know that if they feel you are going through a crisis, where they feel intervention is necessary, they can have you committed and keep you for as long as they feel necessary. Could be hours, days, weeks, etc. So just be weary of what you tell them, because they are trained to take everything with extreme seriousness.

Back