• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

haven't seen any new movies

I haven't seen any movies in theaters lately but I have been researching some movies I would like to see. Instead I have been watching small movie series on Netflix, including Who Killed Malcolm X, which I found very thinly stretched out. The material was good but should have been maybe a four-part series. It could not be sustained for six episodes.

I also put the Netflix series Godless into my watch list. I have already seen it, but I think it is masterfully done.

and because of the fact that Godless introduced Merritt Wever to the world, and you may remember her from Marriage Story, where she was Scarlett Johansson's sister, I watched Unbelievable and found it absolutely gripping. It is based on a true story. The only thing I didn't like about it was the way they kept switching locations, which didn't always make sense to me. the rapes took place in Washington state and in Colorado, and were being investigated by two different police departments with different investigators. What I like most about it was the character development. of course Toni Collette was in it along with Merritt Wever.

I may watch The Lookout again because of a renewed familiarity with the British actor Matthew Goode. It's really amazing how camouflaged he is in his role in that movie.

And I think it was Phil who said he had heard Ford V Ferrari was a good movie. Well I saw it first in IMAX, then I rented it online three times, then I bought it and watched it two or three times. I keep looking for flaws in it and there are very few. It is a really good movie. They gave Carroll Shelby's racing career short shrift in Ford V Ferrari, but that is a movie all by itself. I would probably go see a movie about Carroll Shelby.

But if you want to see the best movie about Le Mans, watch Grand Prix with James Garner. The way they mounted cameras on the cars and filmed every minute of the race was a groundbreaking film moment. And the driving and racing and crashing scenes in Grand Prix are just so much better, even than Ford V Ferrari, although the script in Grand Prix is pretty bad. Christian Bale actually resembled James Garner in Ford V Ferrari, right down to the motor oil and sweat on his face.

And I think I will watch just about any movie created and directed by James Mangold. He also did the remake of 3:10 to Yuma which blew the original movie out of the water in my opinion.

Mangold did steal the poster for FvF right away from Grand Prix, though. If you do a search for images of those two movies they look exactly alike in some of the art.

Oh wow I have seen all those and liked everyone especially Godless . I,m a ltitle late on this but I just started watching El Chapo on Nextflix only on the second part so far it’s ok . I hope it’s just as good as the show Narcos. Saw FvF a couple times reminded me a little bit of Days of Thunder

yeah, I don't usually even watch a show if I see that it is a series and it's season 1 because I do not like to commit to watching a series. But 90% of the movies that are online don't interest me at all. And I just got a text alert that there's a new movie on Prime called something like are all men pedophiles? I just find that offensive oh, so I'm not even going to take a single peek at it or the trailer. That's the kind of crap they suck you in with and of course it's just bullshit.

Back