• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Having trouble getting the liquids in!

I was given one ounce cups and told to drink one every 15 minutes. It worked for me, probably because an ounce looks & seems do-able when 64 ounces just doesn't. You can use a shot glass. Very early on, even if you get in an ounce every 20 or 30 minutes, it's progress. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Omg I cannot even imagine dealing with Covid after the trauma your body and mind is going through as you heal from your surgery. I have tears in my eyes just trying to wrap my head around this. Sorry, I'm actually crying about this; it's really affected me so emotionally. God Bless you & give you the strength to deal with all of this. My husband & I are praying for you.

Using a shot glass or 1-2 oz medicine cup to help you with your water intake is a great idea. Sip sip sip is the best method I found to get the water down pretty easily. It keeps you from swallowing too much air which can make it uncomfortable as the water goes down your esophagus. You might want to try protein water to help increase your protein amount. Good luck with everything.

Back