• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Healthy Water Enhancers

Badgy

I drink about a gallon of water a day and each 30 oz glass of water has 1/6th a lemon squeezed into it. (I actually think this is what kept me from catching a single cold this year). But in my propping for the liquid phases, I thought I might want to has it up a bit, but practically every water enhancer out there is full of artificial sweeteners, which I avoid. But I found these on Amazon and they're really great!

Each box had 32 packets.

I drink about a gallon of water a day and each 30 oz glass of water has 1/6th a lemon squeezed into it. (I actually think this is what kept me from catching a single cold this year). But in my propping for the liquid phases, I thought I might want to has it up a bit, but practically every water enhancer out there is full of artificial sweeteners, which I avoid. But I found these on Amazon and they're really great!

Each box had 32 packets. View attachment 2546View attachment 2547
Thanks for sharing this!

badgy, what do they taste like? that might sound like a question from a simpleton, but if you've sampled these, you can give a taste review. do they taste real? better than real? are they easily mixed into water? could you enhance a gallon of water at a time with one or two of these & keep it in the fridge, ready to go?

badgy, what do they taste like? that might sound like a question from a simpleton, but if you've sampled these, you can give a taste review. do they taste real? better than real? are they easily mixed into water? could you enhance a gallon of water at a time with one or two of these & keep it in the fridge, ready to go?
I've only tried 2 so far, the lemon and the grapefruit. They taste real because they are real, they're just dehydrated fruit crushed into powder. I be wouldn't say better than a fresh squeezed lemon, but comparable.

One packet was perfect in my 30 oz cup with the lemon. The grapefruit tasted a little lighter, could have gone 1.5 or 2 packets in such a large cup, but it was just enough flavor to give my tastebuds their desired tartness.

Yeah, I can't even remember a food that was forbidden, though i was advised against popcorn and pasta. Eventually I could eat anything I wanted, but your surgical team usually gives you an eating plan suited to your needs. This is the first time i've heard anyone say "no citrus." Every other bariatric food plan i've glimpsed advised squeezing lemon into your water if you have a hard time drinking plain water. If you ask about this, please let us know what your nutritionist says.

Back