• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello, again!!

I've been online this last week again and would like to re-introduce myself. I first joined this group in Sept when I began my journey. I enjoyed reading the posts here and learning so much about weight loss surgery. I started making Dr's visits to check off my requirements. I stopped posting awhile back due to the holidays and not being able to contribute much. When I came back, I couldn't believe all of the people who joined and either had surgery or were preparing for it and I caught up on their experiences. I also enjoyed reading of YOUR (all of you) interesting posts. I only hope that I can remember all of the great hints after my surgery. Now, instead of thinking that I had to wait until March, it is practically here. Today, I went to my heart dr. who performed my nuclear stress last month for the results. They asked me if I was still having the surgery and when I said Yes, they said that they would fax my clearance Tomorrow, I'll call my surgeon and hopefully all of my results are in. I'm looking forward to my last pre surgery nutritionist visit. I am starting to feel like this journey is real and will happen. I am married and my husband is going to be my coach. Thank you for your support.

you're gonna do great, Roseanne! You listen and you share and you learn. Congrats on your success to come.

I've been online this last week again and would like to re-introduce myself. I first joined this group in Sept when I began my journey. I enjoyed reading the posts here and learning so much about weight loss surgery. I started making Dr's visits to check off my requirements. I stopped posting awhile back due to the holidays and not being able to contribute much. When I came back, I couldn't believe all of the people who joined and either had surgery or were preparing for it and I caught up on their experiences. I also enjoyed reading of YOUR (all of you) interesting posts. I only hope that I can remember all of the great hints after my surgery. Now, instead of thinking that I had to wait until March, it is practically here. Today, I went to my heart dr. who performed my nuclear stress last month for the results. They asked me if I was still having the surgery and when I said Yes, they said that they would fax my clearance Tomorrow, I'll call my surgeon and hopefully all of my results are in. I'm looking forward to my last pre surgery nutritionist visit. I am starting to feel like this journey is real and will happen. I am married and my husband is going to be my coach. Thank you for your support.
It sure will be a life changing journey for you.

Just a quick hello. I am in FL as a last trip before my surgery on March 18. I start my pre surgery diet on the 11th of March. I'm suppose to go on a cruise. Well, when I got to FL, I didn't feel well and went to the Dr who confirmed that I have the "flu". I have spent most of the last week in bed and inside. I haven't been online but tried to "catch up" with posts yesterday. I ended up back in bed. It seems that most of you are doing wonderful and offering great support to each other. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to being online with you again.

Just a quick hello. I am in FL as a last trip before my surgery on March 18. I start my pre surgery diet on the 11th of March. I'm suppose to go on a cruise. Well, when I got to FL, I didn't feel well and went to the Dr who confirmed that I have the "flu". I have spent most of the last week in bed and inside. I haven't been online but tried to "catch up" with posts yesterday. I ended up back in bed. It seems that most of you are doing wonderful and offering great support to each other. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to being online with you again.
Sorry to hear the flu spoiled your fun. Hope you are feeling better soon! Look forward to helping you count down to March 18.

Get all the rest you can! The flu seems to be kicking so many people's butt this year. Hopefully you will be up and about soon. Were you able to get any refunds or anything for your cruise? Sorry you had to miss it! :(

Hi Missdarmitage , I ended up going on the cruise. I took and finished all of my Tamiflu and cough pills and knew that I was well enough to go on the cruise. I didn't miss it and therefore didn't lose any money. Don't know what would have happened if they said that I couldn't go. It was very cool outside on the deck of the ship, I tried to get some walking in but was so cold that I often would go to bed early. I am on countdown now, less than 2 weeks to "D" day!!

Sorry to hear the flu spoiled your fun. Hope you are feeling better soon! Look forward to helping you count down to March 18.
Thank you for your kind wishes. I missed going to out to dinner with my cousins. I didn't want to take a chance that they would catch my bug. When I came back, I was very tired and just rested and packed for my final leg of my trip. I am now enjoying my visit with my sister in law.

Back