• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello all

mnature

I am new to the site. Had my surgery on 12-31-13 with a new years resolution to lose weight! Think it will work?

Not real happy with the scale yet. I didn't have a pre-op diet. Just 3 days of clear liquids so I didn't have much weight loss before surgery. And I have only lost 23# so far.

I am new to the site. Had my surgery on 12-31-13 with a new years resolution to lose weight! Think it will work?

Not real happy with the scale yet. I didn't have a pre-op diet. Just 3 days of clear liquids so I didn't have much weight loss before surgery. And I have only lost 23# so far.

Thats exactly what I had, 3 days of liquids before surgery. I was glad because once I had surgery it was easy to do the liquid diet. Before surgery it was very hard. The 6 month weight loss regime I had to do for insurance is when I lost my pre-surgery weight eating meat and salads.

Don't be discouraged losing 23 lb. It is a good loss. The key is lotsa protein, water and little carbs. You'll do fine. :)

Good Luck!!!

Cheyenne

I do hope we hear from you again. I see the initial posting and after that nothing.

We are here to help you.

I think you are off to a fine start. Everyone's weight loss is personal. Everyone's journey is individual. Some foods will be tolerated and some will not be tolerated. This is different for each person. I love oranges. However, oranges hate me now; so I am off of oranges for the forseeable future.

I hope we do hear from you again.

Ralph

Back