• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello everyone im new here! I would like to meet new friends. I have a lot of questions and am looking for support.

Hello everyone im new here! I would like to meet new friends. I have a lot of questions and am looking for support
This is something that confuses me. A new person joins two weeks ago, says she has a bunch of questions, gets seven greetings from people anxious to help, but never logs on again.

Note that I used the word "confuses," not some judgmental or critical term.

This happens a lot. I base that on my long tenure here. I used to jump up to greet newbies. Now, not so much.

Roni, are you here? According to the group algorithm that actually keeps track, you haven't been back.

I think the people here are so generous with their time, but I've been here every day for years, and see this all the time. So let me say, I have mad love for members who take the time to answer phantom questions.

Hi all. I’m Denise and also new to the group. I had a gastric sleeve done in October. Feeling good but lately been having nausea and some vomiting. Also started to eat solids so maybe I’m just not ready yet. Anyone having similar issues ? Looking forward to making new friends on here

This is something that confuses me. A new person joins two weeks ago, says she has a bunch of questions, gets seven greetings from people anxious to help, but never logs on again.

Note that I used the word "confuses," not some judgmental or critical term.

This happens a lot. I base that on my long tenure here. I used to jump up to greet newbies. Now, not so much.

Roni, are you here? According to the group algorithm that actually keeps track, you haven't been back.

I think the people here are so generous with their time, but I've been here every day for years, and see this all the time. So let me say, I have mad love for members who take the time to answer phantom questions.
Hi. I’m also new and trying to navigate the site. She may have “lost” her post since it’s been a few weeks. Anyway, at least she connected more people together. I for you only found this site today and plan on being active. Happy holidays everyone

Hi all. I’m Denise and also new to the group. I had a gastric sleeve done in October. Feeling good but lately been having nausea and some vomiting. Also started to eat solids so maybe I’m just not ready yet. Anyone having similar issues ? Looking forward to making new friends on here
Hi Denise. I'm glad you found this group. Did you have the sleeve or RNY? (Oops just read your other post that you were "sleeved) If you are having medical problems, checking with your bariatric team is a must. We of course do not give medical advice here.

Having said that, you might want to check the amount of food you are eating at one time. Mixing eating meals with the 64+ ozs of water you are drinking may cause problems. Please make sure you don't drink 30 min before or after eating, and take at 30-45 min to eat your meals.

If you are adding new foods, try introducing each item one day at a time, and take a few small bites to see how your system handles each new food. Foods that you could eat without thinking twice pre-surgery might cause dumping, nausea, quick exiting (stay close to a bathroom just in case!), etc. :oops:o_O

Good luck sweetie!

I'd be more than happy to have a calm discussion with you, using both upper- and lower-case characters.

Since I'm 70 years old and have 14 years post- op life, I wouldn't know how to respond as a teenager.

If you'd be willing to state facts, I'd be overjoyed to listen. It might interest you to know I've been here a really long time and have addressed this issue many times.

I advocate for personal reality. Practicing a well-balanced diet and getting private and public personal support in a judgmental world is how I survive.

I hope you can find it in your heart to ask or tell, feelings and facts. I am rooting for your success.

I'm sure you mean well. I stumbled across this thread and used my freedom of speech to play devils advocate to let anyone with this frame of mind know how these comments would be construed by a new comer or group outsider. Im glad there are long time members with positive success which is what newbies are looking for. Again no one should feel obligated to respond to new members posts especially if its cumbersome. Membership is free so many people will at some point reach out to different forums. Again it is not personal.

...discussions i had with my care team did not prepare me no fault of theirs. There’s no turning back the clock I feel like I’m not losing weight fast enough and I’m frustrated and tired and hungry and thirsty all the time. My Doctor says I check out well and all is fine. I need the support of others who have gone through this. I think to myself I’ve lost a significant amount of weight before on my own keeping it off is the problem

this is why you're here. You also happened upon the best support group I've ever read. The people here have hearts of gold, admit their mistakes and radiate love and support.

I don't know if you searched the 65,299 posts here to find solutions to your challenge, but they're available to you, to help.

It sounds like you're really frustrated and worried. Sure, you could fail, but you could also wildly succeed. Why not slow down and address one issue at a time? There are wise people here dying to answer your questions and address your concerns.

And of course, you have your own bariatric team.

Give the group a chance to offer you help. You'll find we have a lot in common.

Back