• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello everyone I'm on stage I clear liquid how long does this stage last? All I've had is clear broth! Clear protein drink, jello and popcicles. Is

Protein water helps if you start feeling a little wimpy. Premier protein has one and I think Powerade does too. They come in some fruity flavors that are pretty refreshing. Sugar free drink mixes into your water just to change it up. Use mild spices in your broth maybe to change up the flavor of the broth. The stage length is determined by your doctors office. Usually 1 or 2 weeks post op, but I have heard of some having to go longer. Check with your surgeons office

My program had me on clear liquids from 2 days before surgery til I came home the day after surgery, when I immediately started full liquids for 2 weeks, i.e. protein shakes, strained cream soups, etc. Please get with your program to find this info asap how long for each stage. You don't want to end up in the ER. Good luck!

My program had me on clear liquids from 2 days before surgery til I came home the day after surgery, when I immediately started full liquids for 2 weeks, i.e. protein shakes, strained cream soups, etc. Please get with your program to find this info asap how long for each stage. You don't want to end up in the ER. Good luck!
Yes mine is only day before surgery and day of surgery. Afterwards is full liquids for 2 weeks too

I strongly urge you to stick with the eating plan your surgical team has in place. Pretty much everyone in this group had a varied list of things to eat/not eAt in the various stages. Adding things can cause issues. I suggest talking with your surgical team for items they may suggest you can add. Best of luck to you!

Back