• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello everyone!

I am so excited! I got the call this morning that all my insurance is approved and my surgery date is 2/13. I started my journey in July 2012 and have anxiously awaited this news. I started the pre-op liquid diet this morning and cannot honestly wait for the 2 weeks to be over with. I am not a fan of protein shakes...so if anyone has some suggestions on how to make them more palatable, I am game! My goal is to be healthy (not to mention to shop out of the Victoria's Secret catalogue for once in my life). I have found a new joy in working out as I love how I feel when I am done. I cannot wait to not be so tired and have all the aches and pains that come with the burden of being so overweight.

Hey Jerseygirl. Congrats. I was born,raised in NJ. I drink Pure Protein, chocolate. I love it. I have only found it at Wal Mart, and the one I buy is the already made. Its over near the Pharmacy. My surgery date is tomorrow.

I wish u the best.

I find that if I mix the whey protein powder in things other than water or milk I can get some pretty good tasting things. I use Unjury which is recommended by my Bariatric Center. I mix the vanilla in sunrise orange crystal lite and it tastes like a dreamsicle. I use unflavored in the fruit punch crystal lite and also in the pink lemonade. The fruit punch is a bit sweet but the lemonade one is pretty good. If you look in recipes they have some really good ones that alter the taste and give you some variety. I use the premier shakes and the EAS AdvantEDGE for premixed shakes. So far chocolate is my favorite but I tolerate the strawberry quite well. You need to be adventurous and try different flavors and recipes so you won't get bored with the shakes. After surgery you will probably have to continue on shakes to get your protein in to promote wound healing and prevent muscle loss and losing weight. Hope this helps. Congrats on your surgery date and good luck on your journey as it begins.

Welcome! It is very exciting to know your goal is in reach. I also like the Unjury, but I like the chocolate splendor, and the chicken soup. I tried the unflavored in cream of wheat yesterday, and found it to be chalky...but I may have put too much in. Good Luck!

congratualations on getting your date. The 2 weeks will fly by. I use unjury unlfavored as well. I drink a protein shake in the mornings mixed with milk and some blueberries. I also mix it with soup and oatmeal. It comes in numerous flavors and is a high quaility protein drink. The people there are really helpful and will send you some free samples. Wishing you much success.

Back