• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello everyone!

Scooter

Hi everyone. My name is Becky and I do not have a surgery date yet. If everything goes well, I think I'm looking at mid July but I wanted to get some supports in place ahead of time. I'm feeling a bit nervous and worried ~ am I making the right choice for myself. However, just from reading the posts that's a very normal feeling. I've attended 4 of 6 monthly nutritional classes which is an insurance requirement as well as a psychological evaluation. I will also have to have a venous filter put in several weeks before the surgery due to a blood clotting disorder. Anyone else have any experience with this type of filter. Overall, I feel confident with my surgeon who does approximately 6 RNY robotic/laproscopic operations per week. Also it has the Gold Center of Excellence which I understand is a very good thing. I can't wait to have this done but realize it's just the beginning of the journey. Happy Monday everyone!

Becky in Florida :cool:

hi Scooter ( Becky)
you asked if anyone else had a filter put in due to blood clots. I had one put in 15 months ago (after I had major surgery) within a few days they found blood clots in my lungs and legs. so they put me to sleep and put the filter in my right groin, and I've been on blood thinner 's since then. I have had a history of blood clots since my 20's so with the filter and pills (no worries) cause the little filter keeps them away from myheart and lungs.
I haven't had my bariartric surgery yet, see surgeon may4 and hope to be able to get in done in May too.
This room is full on wonderful people and stories and they always take time to answer your ? and concerns/ The support group meetings are wonderful too, to actually talk face to face with someone who has went through the surgery.
Sounds like you've got everything under control. please come back and share, this room will lift your spirits and be there for you.
Hope you have a good day
Donna

becky you are right about the journey. listen to your surgeon and pcp.The one thing that I don't nstrress enought is getting 64 oz of water everyday. I bought a brighjt pink 64oz cup and use sugar free flvors for my water. getting those fluids down is the hardest thing. the EAS 17gm proteinm3 carbs and 0 sugar come in all three flavors. I guess I;m just to old and lazy. I'll buy what I need. I eat a lot of yogurt, apples ncheese, cottage cheese. eggs bacom and a piece of wheat toast for breakfast. It plus 1/2 grafefruit starts the burning of fat calories. I lost 120 lbs in 2003 gained 50 i n2008 and I am now at 198 and heading back down on the scaled I think I am a pretty creddible source of do's and don't feel free to write me.patti

Back