• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello from Central Texas!

Nessa1974

Hello everyone! My name is Colleen and this is all new to me. I am finishing up my mandatory 3 month supervised medical weight loss program.
I don't even see my surgeon until 1/30/17.
I have struggled with my weight since high school and am now the heaviest I've ever been at 255 lbs.
I'm excited to start this, but it also scares the crap out of me!
I started the process 5 years ago, but began a separation and divorce from my husband, so surgery went on the back burner due to stress.
I am ready now to go full steam ahead! Since my divorce was finalized this week! LOL!
I'm nervous because I'm alone in this, but want to prove I can do this on my own being independent.
So, any good advise for me? Are there any actual chat rooms I can go to? I am going to my first support group near my home on 12/22/16. Would love any and all information I can get!
I am going for the rny bypass!
Thanks!

Hey Colleen I am new to this too. It has taken almost a year to get to this point. Surgery is Wednesday Dec 14. I cannot wait !! Keep us posted on how your doing

Hello everyone! My name is Colleen and this is all new to me. I am finishing up my mandatory 3 month supervised medical weight loss program.
I have struggled with my weight since high school and am now the heaviest I've ever been at 255 lbs.
I started the process 5 years ago, but began a separation and divorce from my husband, so surgery went on the back burner due to stress.
I am ready now to go full steam ahead! Since my divorce was finalized this week! LOL!
I'm nervous because I'm alone in this, but want to prove I can do this on my own being independent.
So, any good advise for me? Are there any actual chat rooms I can go to? I am going to my first support group near my home on 12/22/16. Would love any and all information I can get!
Thanks!

Lots of good people who share their journey and a lot of information. My surgery is 1/11/17 Maybe we can be buddies to share our journeys'? You are not alone in here. Lots of support.

Doug

Lots of good people who share their journey and a lot of information. My surgery is 1/11/17 Maybe we can be buddies to share our journeys'? You are not alone in here. Lots of support.

Doug
You must be excited that your date is almost here! I'm going to my first support group this evening and I'm excited to meet new people! This is quite the journey! I would love to be buddies!

Thanks!
I am by myself to.i am 1 month in.i did the sleeve.one of my friends wife had the bypass and she did really great.this will be a new journey.its tough.the surgery is easy the rest is strange and tough.i new 3 people where I work that had the sleeve and they are doing great.it just takes time.it took me 15 years to be this heavy and it will take time.you will platou but don't get discouraged.keep going.dont be afraid.its so hard because for 50 years I have been eating whatever I want.now my brain cant understand whats going on.i do miss eating.not going to lie.especially at night in front of the tv.good luck and keep posting.i am also getting ready to see a dietician that does bariatric patients.and concrdulations on your divorce.its the best thing I did.lol.

I am by myself to.i am 1 month in.i did the sleeve.one of my friends wife had the bypass and she did really great.this will be a new journey.its tough.the surgery is easy the rest is strange and tough.i new 3 people where I work that had the sleeve and they are doing great.it just takes time.it took me 15 years to be this heavy and it will take time.you will platou but don't get discouraged.keep going.dont be afraid.its so hard because for 50 years I have been eating whatever I want.now my brain cant understand whats going on.i do miss eating.not going to lie.especially at night in front of the tv.good luck and keep posting.i am also getting ready to see a dietician that does bariatric patients.and concrdulations on your divorce.its the best thing I did.lol.
Thanks for the encouragement and nice words! I will keep posting. I'm glad I'm doing this. I need to get healthy for myself, so I can be here for my daughter. She lives in NY and just started college and I want to see her become a veterinarian, fall in love, and have some grand babies!
So, here I go!

Thanks!

Hello Colleen, Congratulations on moving forward with your weight loss surgery and with your divorce. I'm divorced as well, but am remarried to a wonderful and supportive man now. Feels great to have the help of surgery to lose this weight. I've also struggled with weight for the most part of my life.
Had the sleeve on 11/10/16. So far so good. I feel great and the weight is coming off.
Kathy

Hello Kathy,
Thank you for the encouragement! I told my mom the other day that I lost 220 pounds! She looked at me puzzled and I said I lost 220 pounds of husband! LOL!
I hope to meet someone someday, but for now I am focusing on myself for once. I want to feel healthy and have better self esteem.
Congrats on the supportive husband and getting your sleeve!
I am down from 258 to 244. I have to do a 3 month supervised diet and so far it's working. I can't wait to get my rygb done! This will be quite a journey!
I'll keep you posted! You keep doing great!
Thanks!
Colleen

I love the lost 220lbs :)
You're doing great already.
I gained weight in my 6 month supervised diet. Figured I would endulge in everything I'd no longer be allowed to eat, so I had a few more pounds to lose.
Its really coming off now, and I feel great. This has been the right choice for me. I love this journey so far!

Thanks!
Hi Colleen. No actual chat rooms, but you can start private conversations through your profile. You are taking a great step in your health. I had gastric Bypass on 12/6/16. I am losing an average of one lb per day. I had some energy issues the first two weeks, but now feel back to normal. Support groups can be very informative. I'm glad you went.

Back