• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello from Colorado!

MsKami77

Hi! My name is Kami. I had gastric bypass in November 2013. My highest weight was 314 but day of surgery I weighed 298. I currently weigh about 208. I haven't been on a scale in almost 1.5 months so I'm guessing. We recently relocated to Colorado Springs from Anchorage, AK so I have been struggling to stay on track. I miss attending weekly support group meetings so I'm hoping to find some friends in the Colorado Springs area to hang with. :D My experience so far has been wonderful and complication free. I'm open to answer questions. Just hit me up! :cool:

Hi! My name is Kami. I had gastric bypass in November 2013. My highest weight was 314 but day of surgery I weighed 298. I currently weigh about 208. I haven't been on a scale in almost 1.5 months so I'm guessing. We recently relocated to Colorado Springs from Anchorage, AK so I have been struggling to stay on track. I miss attending weekly support group meetings so I'm hoping to find some friends in the Colorado Springs area to hang with. :D My experience so far has been wonderful and complication free. I'm open to answer questions. Just hit me up! :cool:

Hi Kami! WELCOME to the Forum!!! I'm not from Colorado, but I just wanted to say "Hello!!" Looks like your weight loss is really great, CONGRATULATIONS your success. :) Keep up the great work!!!

Cheyenne. :cool:

Hi Colorado - I am Dave from West Virginia. I am very verbose. I will try to keep future notes to a minimum of 4-6 lines. I just started my journey in May. Met my Dr. ( Dr. Rossi and his staff. ) They put me on an 1800 calorie diet. I was really good but fell off the wagon this past week-end. I do water aerobics 3 days a week for 2 hours. I have had 6 spinal operations. After every operation the higher joint gets weak. I also developed Addison disease 3 years ago. I was medically retired from DuPont after 34 years. They were afraid I wouldn't reach a gate in time, if there a crisis. I will have my 59th birthday in a few months. My wife has a chronic illness (Chronic Intestinal Pseudo-Obstruction ) for more than 25 years. We rarely go out in the evening because her stomach swells due to food intake not digesting. She had her large intestines removed 2 years ago. She spent 21 days in John Hopkins Hospital because she died twice. But beyond those 2 scares she looks beautiful and normal, but she is in so much pain that she has an internal pain pump, which is filled every 45 days. She has had pumps for 17 years. They need new batteries every 5 years, so they just install the latest pump model. Our daughter was diagnosed with Diabetes II when she was about 9 years old. She is now in her 30's and just now showing signs of diabetic internal organs. She is ok but again we see signs of diabetic damage. But, we have a great outlook on life, due to our strong belief in God and feel certain this fits into his plan for us, so we rarely complain. Glad to have found this site. Congrats on your weight loss journey and I am sure I will have questions later. Take care.

Hi Kami! WELCOME to the Forum!!! I'm not from Colorado, but I just wanted to say "Hello!!" Looks like your weight loss is really great, CONGRATULATIONS your success. :) Keep up the great work!!!

Cheyenne. :cool:

Thank you! You're weight loss is pretty great too! :D

Hi Colorado - I am Dave from West Virginia. I am very verbose. I will try to keep future notes to a minimum of 4-6 lines. I just started my journey in May. Met my Dr. ( Dr. Rossi and his staff. ) They put me on an 1800 calorie diet. I was really good but fell off the wagon this past week-end. I do water aerobics 3 days a week for 2 hours. I have had 6 spinal operations. After every operation the higher joint gets weak. I also developed Addison disease 3 years ago. I was medically retired from DuPont after 34 years. They were afraid I wouldn't reach a gate in time, if there a crisis. I will have my 59th birthday in a few months. My wife has a chronic illness (Chronic Intestinal Pseudo-Obstruction ) for more than 25 years. We rarely go out in the evening because her stomach swells due to food intake not digesting. She had her large intestines removed 2 years ago. She spent 21 days in John Hopkins Hospital because she died twice. But beyond those 2 scares she looks beautiful and normal, but she is in so much pain that she has an internal pain pump, which is filled every 45 days. She has had pumps for 17 years. They need new batteries every 5 years, so they just install the latest pump model. Our daughter was diagnosed with Diabetes II when she was about 9 years old. She is now in her 30's and just now showing signs of diabetic internal organs. She is ok but again we see signs of diabetic damage. But, we have a great outlook on life, due to our strong belief in God and feel certain this fits into his plan for us, so we rarely complain. Glad to have found this site. Congrats on your weight loss journey and I am sure I will have questions later. Take care.
Wow Dave you have a lot going on! I will keep you and your family in my prayers. My health issues prior to surgery were very minor so I can only imagine what you've experienced. Feel free to contact me if you have questions. I wish you the best of luck on your journey.

Hi Dave! WELCOME to the Forum!!!

Your family has sure been through a lot. I'm sorry you have all had such serious medical problems. The bariatric surgery has been such a blessing to me, I feel so much better since losing weight. I hope it will help you also. Just thought I would mention that if your daughter is overweight at all, the RNY bypass surgery eliminates the symptoms of diabetes. Many people on this forum no longer take insulin and their blood sugar becomes normal and their organs no longer suffer from further progressive diabetic damage. I read that some diabetics who aren't overweight at all are choosing to get the bypass strictly for the diabetes benefits.

Good luck to you and your family!

Cheyenne

Back