• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello,From Milroy pa

Thank you Keith, I am excited about my new journey, and glad I found this group cause I have a lot to learn .

Hello Cathy M, I am also from PA, I live outside of Sunbury, welcome to the group, everyone here is very helpful. Have you had surgery yet or just getting started with the process

Hello Tracy, I am 5 months into my 6 months classes. When I talked to the nurse last apt she was saying as long as I get the green light from the physic doctor here march 20th they will make my apt to see the surg. Maybe end of april or may I will have a date . I hope so lol. I am having a hard time taking off the 14pounds that is required before seeing the surgeon. Its crazy I have passed all labs, altra sounds, ekg, and so its this 14pounds that is driving me crazy and I have changed so many things since I started this , stopped smoking ,stopped drinking coffee, sugar,and so on. I smoked 1 1/2 packs a day and drank 2 pots of coffee and I stopped both of them in 5 months, yeah me .

Hello Tracy, I am 5 months into my 6 months classes. When I talked to the nurse last apt she was saying as long as I get the green light from the physic doctor here march 20th they will make my apt to see the surg. Maybe end of april or may I will have a date . I hope so lol. I am having a hard time taking off the 14pounds that is required before seeing the surgeon. Its crazy I have passed all labs, altra sounds, ekg, and so its this 14pounds that is driving me crazy and I have changed so many things since I started this , stopped smoking ,stopped drinking coffee, sugar,and so on. I smoked 1 1/2 packs a day and drank 2 pots of coffee and I stopped both of them in 5 months, yeah me .
Welcome to the group. I think I was one of the few people who had to do a psych evaluation. I had to take a 2 hour test. The correct answers were easy to find, so I found it rather easy. Sorry you are struggling to lose weight. I didn't have to, but I lost 29 lbs by cutting out sodas ( extremely difficult and still fight cravings now) and cutting down my portion sizes. I also lost some weight in the 2 weeks before surgery when I was required to be on a protein shake only diet to shrink my liver. Let us know if you have any questions.

Hello again, I started having egg, English muffin sandwich, with a fruit smoothie every morning, that was my biggest change I did before surgery and then I added a protein shake for lunch and a regular meal for supper and the weight started falling off, more protein less carbs I think is the key to losing weight, it worked for me, and now that I have had the surgery and able to eat again I just have the egg and the smoothy, without the English muffin for breakfast, I also still have the shake for lunch except for Friday's, we order out so I usually get chicken, no carbs, good luck

Did you have your surgery done at geisinger in Danville? Was the talk with the physic doctor hard ?
Yes I did go to geisinger, the physic Dr was easy, no worries there, they just ask why you are choosing to have the surgery and a few other simple questions, she was really nice, I forgot I was being tested lol, probably said more than I should have, lol, but nothing to worry about, they may of ask me questions that are in the book also about what you should eat, so go over that book before you go and you will be fine. Dr. Parker did my surgery and I had no problems

I just had surgery on the 27th. I had lost 30 lbs from Oct.1 until surgery. I think cutting out carbs is what did it for me. HOWEVER I have gained 6 Lbs since surgery last week. What a bummer. I'm hoping it is just gas and will pass. (No pun intended.)

The gain could be from the fluids they pumped into from surgery, have you been to Dr yet since your surgery, they may be able to answer your question on the gain better, good luck and stay on track and it should come off

New to group
Welcome Cathy. Hope that you are feeling well. I recall introducing myself to the group and was apprehensive:eek:--even on my fallen days--I just dusted myself off, got back up, and back on track. Well, the moral to all of this is, here I am today. Blessings and have a nice day:):D

Back