• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello from New Mexico!

Nifty53

I had RNY surgery on 12/12/13. So far so good, I have not had any major issues post op. Just looking to connect with people here in NM and elsewhere.

I had RNY surgery on 12/12/13. So far so good, I have not had any major issues post op. Just looking to connect with people here in NM and elsewhere.

WELCOME to the forum !!! This is a great forum and you will make many new friends here. :)

Looks like you have lost 25 lb since surgery, thats really great! Plus you lost 26 lb before surgery. If my math is correct, 51 lb. total. Very nice!!! :cool:

Cheyenne

Yes, welcome.

Visit us often. It is important to learn all the tricks of the trade to avoid pain and discomfort.

Don't eat too fast.

Discover what foods you can tolerate and those that you cannot. Also, this will change over time.

I love oranges. However, right now I cannot do them. I love pork chops. However, right now I cannot do them. I suspect as I get further down the road I will be able to tolerate these foods. Again, start in small quantities and then build up over time.

Make sure you don't eat too much at one meal. My surgeon recommended 1/2 cup is a meal. I actually had to cut it back to 1/3 in the beginning. I am almost 3 months out now and I think I can do 1/2 cup of food now.

Ralph

Thank you Ralph, I am still trying to figure it all out. You gave very good advice for me to follow, especially the not eating too fast part!

Thank you Ralph, I am still trying to figure it all out. You gave very good advice for me to follow, especially the not eating too fast part!

Your welcome.

Don't hesitate to come to the forum often and tell all of us of your experiences both good and bad. We all will help as much as we can.

Ralph

Back