• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello from Richmond,VA!

JenniferR

Hi all! I am currently fulfilling my insurance requirements in order to have gastric bypass. I am interested in diving into the community and gaining support and friends from people who have experienced it and hopefully do the same as I go through the process. Looking forward to chatting with everyone!

Hello Jennifer.
Congrats on your journey. I had a gastric sleeve on 11/10/16. I am dropping weight and feeling great so far.
When will you have your surgery?
Kathy

Hello Jennifer.
Congrats on your journey. I had a gastric sleeve on 11/10/16. I am dropping weight and feeling great so far.
When will you have your surgery?
Kathy

I am not sure when I will be scheduled. I'm having an endoscopy today and meet with a nutritionist next week. From there they said it would be submitted to insurance and then 3-4 weeks out I should have surgery. So I'm thinking the end of February or beginning of March. I'm really excited about it. I have a hiatal hernia and I have suffered with GERD for a very very long time and that will be fixed too.

Hello Jennifer,
I had my sleeve on Dec 23 2016. I am new to this journey but this site is great. Such great people. Welcome.

Thanks! I am excited and nervous about it. Glad to find such a supportive group of people. I am enjoying reading through the old threads and finding what others have experienced.

Hello, I am sure you will find alot of friends and support here. I've been here a a month about and have talked with many people and all helpful and positive. I always look forward to talking with everyone here.. Best of luck to you

Back