• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

hello i am new need some help

jeff

hi my name is jeff i had the sleeve dec 5 2011 wk 5 still new so why am i goin gthorugh all of this stuff need some imput haveing regrets and all kinds of stuff is this normal and

Hi Jeff:
I think having regrets is normal. I still wonder how I would feel after I have a gastric by-pass. The thoughts of having regret came up and all I say to myself is I wanted change and there is no going back. Just try to think of it as a positive change and where would you be if you did not make the change. You would be worrying about heart disease, diabetes, and a whole lot of health issues.

Take Care and don't worry about regrets I am sure it is normal and we all have them.

thank you

this is really hard all the info and the stuff you go though wow and good luck with your surgery youll do great

Hi Jeff welcome. My name is Tom. In my case a little regret after my surger was there and also a bunch of anxt before the surgery. Before I had my surgery I ate healthy tried all kinds of diets; slim fast, high protien, intense work outs and unless I worked out 4 or 5 hours a day and lived on diet shakes the weight always came back. I am sure you had gone through similar sitiuations and it took a lot of thought and soul searching, it is not something we take lightly, it is a major life change. After the weight started coming off and I was off my high blood pressure and cholesteral meds within a month I started to feel better and know that I had made the right descision. I am 20 months out and still working toward my goal weight, I had a few bumps in the road but I have no regrets and I feel great. If you are not attending a support group look for one in your area, I went to two a month after my surger and still go to one a month, it is a place where you can get and pass along good information and talk to other people post and pre surgery that undersand how each other feals. Let us know how it goes. :cool:

Back