• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello New Girl in Town

Welcome! Have you checked in with your surgeon to talk about your concerns? Zofran helped me during some of my post op nausea, but I don’t know that it’s a long term solution. Are you taking Prilosec or any acid reducers?
Thanks for your reply!! I do have Zofran but it's over 8 weeks now and i still feel like poo. The surgeons nurse says maybe not enough protein. I can't eat if I'm not hungry though. I am so tired of feeling bad. I am so happy to lose weight but feeling bad 90% of the time stinks.

That's two months of nausea. Surely you've been seen for follow-up by your sugeon or doctor. If not, run, don't walk, for a post-op exam.

I can't even guess what might be wrong, and that's why you need to ask a medical professional. If you had an open procedure under anesthesia, thats major surgery and close follow-up should have been in place.

But if you had a laparoscopic procedure, it's even more worrisome that you'd be experiencing after-effects.

Either way, this is not a question a support group can answer. You need a medical answer, ASAP.

How are you with protein drinks? Do you still have your gallbladder? It’s probably time to make an appointment to be seen. That’s too long to feel crummy.
I have no gallbladder. I drink either protein shake or protein drinks daily. I don't feel like i'm dying or anything, I just don't feel good. The last two days I gag and a lot. Nothing comes out but it makes my stomach hurt. I have been in touch with the surgeons nurse the last few weeks and she said i wasn't getting enough protein and it's making me nauseous. I also feel like my smell senses are heightened too, everything smells gross. Maybe i'm stressing over nothing and just need to relax and let my body heal. I just wondered if anyone else still felt not quite themselves at this point.

That's two months of nausea. Surely you've been seen for follow-up by your sugeon or doctor. If not, run, don't walk, for a post-op exam.

I can't even guess what might be wrong, and that's why you need to ask a medical professional. If you had an open procedure under anesthesia, thats major surgery and close follow-up should have been in place.

But if you had a laparoscopic procedure, it's even more worrisome that you'd be experiencing after-effects.

Either way, this is not a question a support group can answer. You need a medical answer, ASAP.
Hi, It's not constant nausea but more than i feel it should be. I was given Zofran and it helps, but i just didn't think I should feel so yucky so much now. I guess everyone is different.

I have no gallbladder. I drink either protein shake or protein drinks daily. I don't feel like i'm dying or anything, I just don't feel good. The last two days I gag and a lot. Nothing comes out but it makes my stomach hurt. I have been in touch with the surgeons nurse the last few weeks and she said i wasn't getting enough protein and it's making me nauseous. I also feel like my smell senses are heightened too, everything smells gross. Maybe i'm stressing over nothing and just need to relax and let my body heal. I just wondered if anyone else still felt not quite themselves at this point.
Not to get super personal, but is there any possibility that you could be pregnant? The heightened sense of smell is the reason I ask.

It is extremely important to make sure that you are getting enough protein. Do you dislike the shakes and/or protein waters? If so, you can add a protein powder to yogurt/pudding etc. I am not sure that I would have been able to get all of my necessary protein from food alone at only 8 weeks post op.

Back