• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

HELLO.

JOEYISME

My name is Jo and I am new here but not new to bariatric surgery. I am 13 years post op but NEVER even came close to my goal weight. Recently I was diagnosed with a Redundant Colon and I'm not sure if I should have a bariatric surgeon take care of it or an Gastroenterologist take care of it. I just know something has to be done because I am having severe stomach pain. I had a colonoscopy and he could not get to all of my colon so he said it was because of the redundant colon. What do you think I should do??

See more doctors immediately. You can't mess around with your digestive system. A severe problem can lead to death. You have a problem, it's been diagnosed. NOW GET IT FIXED. What are you waiting for?

My name is Jo and I am new here but not new to bariatric surgery. I am 13 years post op but NEVER even came close to my goal weight. Recently I was diagnosed with a Redundant Colon and I'm not sure if I should have a bariatric surgeon take care of it or an Gastroenterologist take care of it. I just know something has to be done because I am having severe stomach pain. I had a colonoscopy and he could not get to all of my colon so he said it was because of the redundant colon. What do you think I should do??
Hi Jo. I'd go for the gastroenterologist for sure. You need that kind of expertise at this moment. I'm asking God to put a first-rate medical team in your life to take care of you!

Back