• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello

Hello

My name is Vanessa and I'm on day 5 post op. I'm glad I found this thread because I'm trying to find out what I'm going through is normal or not. The problem I'm going through is that everytime I drink it feels like I'm also drinking an air bubble. It's a feeling that you have to burp but it won't come out then it build up and kind of hurts. I told my doctor and he said to chew gas pills and he prescribed me a stronger nausea medicine but it's not really working. I figure out if I eat ice it doesn't happen so I'm starting to eat ice to get my water in but I still don't know how to get in my protein. Have anybody else had this issue?

Hmm, at 5 days post-op, you probably still do have some extra air in your system to get rid of. I wouldn't be concerned, just try to keep getting the water in any way you can. Getting dehydrated will land you in the ER for fluids and that's the last place you want to be right now. Did the doctor suggest Tums? I had good luck with them.

Hmm, at 5 days post-op, you probably still do have some extra air in your system to get rid of. I wouldn't be concerned, just try to keep getting the water in any way you can. Getting dehydrated will land you in the ER for fluids and that's the last place you want to be right now. Did the doctor suggest Tums? I had good luck with them.

Ok thanks, My doctor said try Gas-X but I'll try Tums to see if that will work better.

Back