• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hello!

Leiabeedoh

I’m new here. I’ve been lurking on a lot of bariatric communities but think I may fit in here the best.
Ive been on this journey for just about a year. My surgery is soon, I’ve started a 1 week liquid diet.
just sayin Hi, I’m Kristi. 4 kids one hubby and a bit o fat to lose haha!

I have a few protein shakes. I've been enjoying the Premiere Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter. I'm also really liking some hot chocolate that I have with 2 scoops of Unjury thrown in. This is just day one, I have 4 days on this then i have to do a 3-day clear liquid diet. so no more hot chocolate for me after Sunday. its not that bad so far. ask me again on Sunday lol.

I have to do a 2 week diet, 4 protein shakes a day. They gave us 2 to choose from and you have to use one of the two for the pre-op diet only then you can use whatever you want. I am using unjury. But we also have a specific food list of like 9 items we can eat, we can from that list up to 6 times a day. I feel like the life saver will be being able to "chew" small amounts of food, even though it is barely anything.

I have a few protein shakes. I've been enjoying the Premiere Protein Chocolate Peanut Butter. I'm also really liking some hot chocolate that I have with 2 scoops of Unjury thrown in. This is just day one, I have 4 days on this then i have to do a 3-day clear liquid diet. so no more hot chocolate for me after Sunday. its not that bad so far. ask me again on Sunday lol.
The premiere protein chocolate peanut butter is my favorite. Sounds like you're doing great. You got this.

Welcome! Just in the interest of comparing notes, my surgeon had me do a liquid diet for two weeks pre-op that was 3-4 protein drinks and all the noncaloric fluids I wanted and up to two cups of vegetables (no winter squash, sweet potatoes or potatoes - mostly green leafy stuff). Then just clear liquids after midnight before surgery. It is really interesting to see the differences between surgeons and what they have their patients do. I am very early in this process; just had my surgery (VSG) on 1/21. But, I found that two week pre surgery diet interesting and helpful in that it brought home for me, and maybe as importantly, my family, that "this is really happening", and opened up a lot of dialog between us. It also gave me the chance to really examine physical hunger vs. head hunger- of which there were ample opportunities- and then to see how the physical hunger would change or go away after having a protein shake. I have to admit that I couldn't bring myself to delve in to the head hunger much because I was afraid thinking about solid food I wanted would lead me to eat off plan.

So wait, you get to eat real food AND drink the shakes? No fair! My pre-op diet will be 3 shakes per day and sugar-free jello or beef broth (sigh).
Yea, a few things. Plain cream of wheat and oatmeal. Sugar free jello and pudding. No sugar added under 100 cal. yogurt, and veggies. All very small servings (they have the serving sizes I just don't have it with me) up to 6 times per day.

Back