• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hellooo from AZ

K-Lo

Hey there, I’m Kat. I have been overweight since my teen years and it has gotten out of hand in the last 4 years since I had my kids (+60 lbs) since 2017. I have started the process, decided on gastric sleeve (if the surgeon approves it) and done blood work and nutritionist. Apparently we can schedule until after this whole crazy circus of hoops so I am hoping to have surgery in May or June. I have a goal to be around 150lbs which would be around 90lb weight loss (based on the day). I have so many mixed feelings but I’m also very excited and hopeful. I can’t wait to talk to others and get and receive support from others.

Congratulations on starting this journey! I joined the group early on in mine, way before I had any idea when I’d have surgery scheduled. It helped a lot getting my mind ready for whats to come after surgery. Glad you’re here!

Hey Kat! Welcome! I also joined this group early on... about 4 months before my surgery. It was very helpful to read through different threads... many of my questions were answered just from reading through the posts & responses. Congratulations on your decision to start this journey!

Hi Kat, welcome to our group! I had gastric sleeve last June and began my journey one year ago. I have lost 128 lbs so far and so glad I did this. While my journey hasn't been trouble free I am healthier now than I have been in many years. Yes, there are a lot of hoops to go through before having this surgery but it will help pass the time and before you know it your surgery date will be here. Feel free to ask questions or peruse the old posts. Wishing you all the best as you start this journey!

Back