• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Helloooo New Here

ElleA

Hi all, new here. Having trouble finding support groups. I can Pinterest all day but to actually find online support groups has been difficult. I'm pretty happy I stumbled across this one. I've already had vsg 10/5/22 and have lost a whopping 52 lbs from my starting weight. Looking forward to encourage others in their journey and find some encouragement for my own. Some days can be difficult when you realize you had a good addiction.

Thanks

I felt there same when I stumbled on this one. I was looking for in person groups but they are either once month or only specific for the surgery unit doing the surgery. I read through several posts before I joined. Everyone is very helpful and encouraging. I had gastric bypass last week11/30. 2nd day no pain meds or gas-x meds. Still struggling with protein and liquids. I'm having a little aversion to sweet which is basically all the protein shakes. I'm taking my wins where I can.

Hi all, new here. Having trouble finding support groups. I can Pinterest all day but to actually find online support groups has been difficult. I'm pretty happy I stumbled across this one. I've already had vsg 10/5/22 and have lost a whopping 52 lbs from my starting weight. Looking forward to encourage others in their journey and find some encouragement for my own. Some days can be difficult when you realize you had a good addiction.

Thanks

Love your attitude, Elle. Most people stop after seeking help, not really thinking it will work and empower them to help others. But that's why this group has been around so long. The support goes both ways.

Congrats on your loss. You'll do great!

Thanks
I have been also looking for support groups with much difficulty! My surgery center has a group but during my working hours. Looking forward to learning lots!

Back