• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Help me please.........

booboo709

What involves the PRE-OP. My dr has not told me about it. He told me I am having a RNY and was told that my insurance is going to pay what should be the next step. I really want to do this the right way. So any advice that you could give me or any tips on a RNY surgery I would LOVE to hear from you. PLEASE HELP ME PLEASE. ...........

Hi booboo709, I just got my surgery date. My next step is to meet with the Doctor I believe to discuss the surgery and prep for surgery. I also have to meet with the Nutritionist to discuss a 2 week liquid diet before my surgery. My surgery date is June 24. Just be patient and do what they tell you to do. Everything will be alright. Just make sure you call and weigh in every month like they say to do. Good luck.

Thank you Nisey. I just want to have a smooth transfer into my new lifestyle. Do you know anymore o when the pre-op stuff starts. When do I go for my weigh in. They told me I would be on a PCA which I am not really sure what that is. Well thanks again and I will be starting to do a message of my journey on here to help others.

Boo Boo, my insurance required I see my primary care physician every month for 6 months and be on a diet with exercise. There were forms my doctor had to fill out documenting all that was required. Then there were tests that had to be done. It was also required that I be evaluated by a psychiatrist who thought I was a good candidate for the surgery. My surgeon only required a 3 day clear liquid diet and then I was having my surgery which was so much easier and less painful than I ever thought it would be. I lost 30lb my first month although when I first came home from the hospital I gained water weight from so much fluids they pump into a person from the operation.

Cheyenne

Back