• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Help with head hunger!

Didders

I am new here, but here it goes. I am 7 months post open from having a sleeve hysterectomy. I am still losing, but I am always hungry. Any suggestions?

I am new here, but here it goes. I am 7 months post open from having a sleeve hysterectomy. I am still losing, but I am always hungry. Any suggestions?

When your surgeon cuts your stomach size down, it should take a very small amount to fill it up. My stomach only held 2 oz after I had the surgery. Eat til your tiny tummy is full, then stop. If you eat too much your tummy will gradually stretch and it will take more food to fill it up and you will be hungry. Another possibility could be that maybe your surgeon didn't make your new pouch small enough. Talk to your nutritionist and your surgeon. I know I'm hungry when it's mealtime but after a few bites I am so very full that most of the time I wrap up my food and finish it in a couple hours. I was brought up to finish my plate so I just can't throw it away but wrapping it up for later is a good option for me.

Good luck in finding out what is wrong. I think something is not right because when your tiny tummy is full, you should feel like you just finished Thanksgiving dinner.

Cheyenne

I think that we all experience flashes of 'head hunger' if we were never emotional eaters we wouldn't have needed the surgery. I try to stop and work through it with the Lord, and I have a protein shake (even a couple drinks will do it) or I have a warm sugar free Chi Tea. That really helps......LOL. Sending love to you Didders, a sleeve hysterectomy would just be mean!!! T.

Yes, I think you meant gastric sleeve operation.

Hunger is something we should not be experiencing even 7 months post op.

You need to tell us more about your eating plan. Are you following the plan your Doctor recommended or have you gone back to old bad habits.

The key is protein; it helps satiate hunger.

The operation itself also somehow short circuits the hunger signal. I would have to go back and read up on it more again to explain it though.

Ralph

Back