• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Help with Snacking.

Hi, I am planning on getting surgery soon, and I want to begin controlling my eating habits because I am snacking a lot and not having full meals. So I was just wondering are they're any tips or something someone can recommend so that I can begin the journey of eating in portions or stop snacking. Because i am afraid that I am going to have no self-control once I do the surgery. Thank you :)

I was actually told to eat 4-5 small mea!s rather than 3 meals per day. So I often feel like all I do is snack. So, I try to stick to healthy foods. Turkey slices, cheese, almonds etc. I generally only eat dinner as a full portion sized meal, by which I mean meat and veg. Usually its yogurt and berries, 1/2 C oatmeal and fruit, etc.

Hi, I am planning on getting surgery soon, and I want to begin controlling my eating habits because I am snacking a lot and not having full meals. So I was just wondering are they're any tips or something someone can recommend so that I can begin the journey of eating in portions or stop snacking. Because i am afraid that I am going to have no self-control once I do the surgery. Thank you :)
Your surgeon should have a plan for you leading up to the surgery and the 2 weeks prior to surgery. I know different places vary, but for me when I was in the part loosing weight to get a surgical date, I was told how many carbs in a day, water, etc. The app Baritastics was (& still is) extremely helpful. I tracked the things that needed to be tracked and it helped me begin to make much better decisions. I was told to make sure to eat 3 meals. At first I wasn't used to it bit then my body liked it. I also had small snacks like a popsicle or jello and that helped. I did only sugar free items without aspartame. My popsicles were organic ones with no added sugars or sweeteners. The other big part I was told was that veggies should be first on the plate. There was a specific amount I needed to have in a day of non-starchy ones. I remember it didn't sound like a lot, but it really was and super filling with my proteins! I hope it helps!

Back