• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Help

slucas

I am one year out from surgery and back to my old habits. Eating too much. I am not eating until I am over full but I am eating too often. I know I need to log my food again, I just need to tell myself what I know to be true. I am going to get back on my fitness pal and log my meals. Part of my problem is that I am a grazer instead of eating meals. I work 3rd shift and do not take breaks b/c of work load. I eat a little cottage cheese or tuna to get through the night. I put protein powder in my coffee to help get protein. Thanks for letting me write this to you all and myself. I have lost 66 pounds and now weigh 149. I do not want to enlarge my stomach.

I am one year out from surgery and back to my old habits. Eating too much. I am not eating until I am over full but I am eating too often. I know I need to log my food again, I just need to tell myself what I know to be true. I am going to get back on my fitness pal and log my meals. Part of my problem is that I am a grazer instead of eating meals. I work 3rd shift and do not take breaks b/c of work load. I eat a little cottage cheese or tuna to get through the night. I put protein powder in my coffee to help get protein. Thanks for letting me write this to you all and myself. I have lost 66 pounds and now weigh 149. I do not want to enlarge my stomach.

Hi slucas! Eating a little cottage cheese or tuna sounds like you are doing good picking healthy snacks. Those foods are healthy and low in fat, high in protein. If your not eating too much at one time then you shouldn't stretch your tummy bigger.

What kind of foods and how much are you eating at meal times?

Cheyenne

I truly believe that food logging is one of the cornerstones to our success. It makes us aware. It helps us to plan and/or react to improper and excessive eating.

I keep a daily journal via www.caloriecount.com. There are so many tools out there, pick one.

After awhile you know when you are going to far. I too do not want to stretch my stomach. I know the feeling of starting to get full ( you know that 3-4 ounce portion) and I still get that feeling and most often I stop.

don't let the amount of food on your plate ever be the deciding factor as to whether or not you should stop.

I have stopped many times with plenty of food on my plate and that is a plate of small portions already.

Sometimes I cannot complete the 3 ounces of protein. That is OK.

Also, by journaling your grazing habits will show up as excess calories even if they are "good" calories. I have managed to keep my calorie intake between 1200 to 1500 most often; rarely have I gone over 1500.

Also, my net calories are usually always under 1200; net calories being calories consume minus exercise calories

I too tend to graze, but again as was stated to you graze with good foods and it appears you are doing so.

Ralph

thanks

I never eat a meal. Very rarely do I eat 2 items at a time. I use to log and I think I will do so again. I have never reached my 1200 calories. It is just that I started eating too close together again. But with all your words, I am going to get back to the program the way we are suppose to work. Thanks again.

I never eat a meal. Very rarely do I eat 2 items at a time. I use to log and I think I will do so again. I have never reached my 1200 calories. It is just that I started eating too close together again. But with all your words, I am going to get back to the program the way we are suppose to work. Thanks again.

Good for you.

We are always here to support you.

Ralph

You may have slowed or stopped losing weight due to the low calorie count..

I have days where I want nothing to do with foods so I do my protein shakes to get my protein in...

My surgeon also upped my protein intake which has also helped tremendously...

Back