• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

HELP

Feeling way down.... muscle mass gone, numbness in places, my whole body hurts all the time, vertigo, Orthostatic hypotension....WTF have I done!!! 5 months out
Welcome Joy. I'm so sorry you're having a rough time. You believe all these conditions are related to your weight loss surgery? Can I ask some questions so we may be able to understand better?

Which surgery did you have?
What was your starting weight?
What health issues did you have along with obesity?

I can totally understand loosing some muscle mass this early on in the rapid-loss stage. You will need to build that back up with exercise and make sure you're consuming enough protein.

I'm trying to wrap my head around WLS triggering such things as numbness, full-body pain, vertigo and Orthostatic hypotension. If you're following your physician's diet, you should feel healthier than ever. Have you been seeing your team regularly?

I always say talk to your doctor ASAP, but I can say that with the muscle mass, it is normal to lose after WLS. I am working to build mine back up after revision surgery in August of 2019. It is a slower ramp up than pre-surgery for me, but I am lucky that my body does respond quickly in general.

Back