• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

HERE WE GO AGAIN

I’m 15 years out this pass July. Lost 201 lbs and was down to 128 lbs at my lowest. Everyone said I looked to thin. I’m 5.7
Of course, I never thought that. After a horrible divorce in 2010, that is when I started reverting back to old habits. I rarely cooked anymore, since it was only my son (19 yrs) and myself then. Two different schedules and he’s a teenager and I was working during the day and in the evenings for my job. First mistake, that first bite of fast food and the start of sweet tea or Pepsi. Biggest downfall. I almost went up 100 pounds over the past 10 years. I recently just lost 65 lbs of it back. I would be happy at 150 lbs but Will strive for 140 lbs. So that means either 15 more pounds or 25 more pounds to lose at this point today. I have a very high stress job which causes me to work a lot of hours and until last October I was on that fast food wagon and couldn’t get off. Thankfully, I have found my way once again. I am working hard on this weight commitment again. I just can’t be happy with myself being overweight. Never could.
Any other “old weight timers” out there? This is my first time here in years and my first post ever.

I’m 15 years out this pass July. Lost 201 lbs and was down to 128 lbs at my lowest. Everyone said I looked to thin. I’m 5.7
Of course, I never thought that. After a horrible divorce in 2010, that is when I started reverting back to old habits. I rarely cooked anymore, since it was only my son (19 yrs) and myself then. Two different schedules and he’s a teenager and I was working during the day and in the evenings for my job. First mistake, that first bite of fast food and the start of sweet tea or Pepsi. Biggest downfall. I almost went up 100 pounds over the past 10 years. I recently just lost 65 lbs of it back. I would be happy at 150 lbs but Will strive for 140 lbs. So that means either 15 more pounds or 25 more pounds to lose at this point today. I have a very high stress job which causes me to work a lot of hours and until last October I was on that fast food wagon and couldn’t get off. Thankfully, I have found my way once again. I am working hard on this weight commitment again. I just can’t be happy with myself being overweight. Never could.
Any other “old weight timers” out there? This is my first time here in years and my first post ever.

Congratulations for getting back on track! That was a huge 201 lb weight loss so I am sure it was heartbreaking to regain. I totally understand. I had the lapband about 8 or 9 years ago and lost 90 lbs and then almost regained it all. Now I have had gastric sleeve surgery June 25th. So I guess we are both working hard at this once again. We can do it! :)

Back