• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hey everyone

MamaBearOf4

I know I been off for a little I been going through alot. My husband is being deported and then a big move back north. Then this crap with the coronavirus. I been trying so much to get back up and going. But it is hard with everything closed. But I wanted to get on and have a call out. So here we go...

How is everyone doing through this? Let's do a roll call and make sure we are all still here. I am here and as healthy as can be.
Who is next?...

Hey there Mamma. Glad you're healthy despite the chaos in your life.

So far so good here, despite living in NY. All my family is healthy so far too. :)

Today was my official "back to work" day, 8 weeks since my body contouring surgery. Fortunately I can ease into work in PJs since my whole company is working from home.

I have been going to the grocery stores a couple times a week which I know is risky but since my body is still weak and susceptible to incisions opening, reaching and lifting has to be kept to a minimum. That said, each time I get back home, all my clothes go into the washer and I jump into the shower so hopefully I'm being as safe as can be.

Last edited:
Stay Safe !
Yes, I'm doing all I can. I'm glad my mom is a snowbird, out of NY and in Florida. She's only 64 but had lung cancer a few years back and had to have a large part of her left lung removed. Her breathing is permanently compromised so this could be deadly for her if she was up here in the hot zone. I hope that it never becomes as bad down there as it has up here.

We just got notice that schools are now shut down here thru June 19th, we are on stay at home orders minimally thru the end of this month, and I expect that it will get extended. I think that we are all in for a much longer haul than we anticipate... too many people are not complying. I will say that this confirms the reason I am NOT an elementary school teacher as I attempt to add homeschooling for our 6 year old in addition to working full time. I am glad we are still able to take walks with the dogs in our neighborhood, but I have seen SO many people standing with their neighbors chatting close together and not being social distanced.

We just got notice that schools are now shut down here thru June 19th, we are on stay at home orders minimally thru the end of this month, and I expect that it will get extended. I think that we are all in for a much longer haul than we anticipate... too many people are not complying. I will say that this confirms the reason I am NOT an elementary school teacher as I attempt to add homeschooling for our 6 year old in addition to working full time. I am glad we are still able to take walks with the dogs in our neighborhood, but I have seen SO many people standing with their neighbors chatting close together and not being social distanced.
It kills me that some people are not complying! Complete ignorance.

I know I been off for a little I been going through alot. My husband is being deported and then a big move back north. Then this crap with the coronavirus. I been trying so much to get back up and going. But it is hard with everything closed. But I wanted to get on and have a call out. So here we go...

How is everyone doing through this? Let's do a roll call and make sure we are all still here. I am here and as healthy as can be.
Who is next?...
North Carolina here!!!

Back