• American Bariatrics is a free online Bariatric Support Group. Register for your free account and get access to all of our great features!

Hey everyone

I know I been off for a little I been going through alot. My husband is being deported and then a big move back north. Then this crap with the coronavirus. I been trying so much to get back up and going. But it is hard with everything closed. But I wanted to get on and have a call out. So here we go...

How is everyone doing through this? Let's do a roll call and make sure we are all still here. I am here and as healthy as can be.
Who is next?...
Hi Mama! I can't believe that all these challenges hit you so soon after your surgery. What are you doing to stay sane? You take good care of yourself!! Lots of love.

I know I been off for a little I been going through alot. My husband is being deported and then a big move back north. Then this crap with the coronavirus. I been trying so much to get back up and going. But it is hard with everything closed. But I wanted to get on and have a call out. So here we go...

How is everyone doing through this? Let's do a roll call and make sure we are all still here. I am here and as healthy as can be.
Who is next?...
Oh, MamaBear, I am so sorry that you and your family are having to go through this with your husband.
My SIL got deported a few years ago and what a shock as none of knew that she was not a citizen. She is back and all is well so keep the faith.

Glad to hear that everyone here is doing ok, for the most part. Our family is doing ok too.

Luckily, I work FT at home and that had not changed much. Although my daughter is home from college doing online learning and my husband is also working from home.

I had my 4-month visit via telephone only and things are going well. I’m experiencing some hair loss now but I’m hopeful that it will not be so bad.
Stay safe and healthy everyone!

Who is next?...
I am managing no where I need to be I have decided to put down the Wine and Alcohol down I feel it leading me to path I do t need to go down my addiction to food is enough not alone to pick up a possible that can become dangerously damaging. I have gained weight This why I had to reach out and find a support group I have eating potato Chips junk food .I need to get back on track pull myself out of this Rabbit Hole This is how I'm doing. Sorry if it sounds off topic .

I am managing no where I need to be I have decided to put down the Wine and Alcohol down I feel it leading me to path I do t need to go down my addiction to food is enough not alone to pick up a possible that can become dangerously damaging. I have gained weight This why I had to reach out and find a support group I have eating potato Chips junk food .I need to get back on track pull myself out of this Rabbit Hole This is how I'm doing. Sorry if it sounds off topic .
I am a recovering alcoholic (4 years next month) and definitely cross-addict with food and sometimes shopping. You may need to look into some addiction based support. Because of the virus, I've been visiting In The Rooms - A Social Network and 12 Step Resource for the Recovery Community - HITCH. They have virtual meetings on alcoholism, drug abuse, gambling, codependency issues and yes, even some for OA (overeaters anonymous).

We just got notice that schools are now shut down here thru June 19th, we are on stay at home orders minimally thru the end of this month, and I expect that it will get extended. I think that we are all in for a much longer haul than we anticipate... too many people are not complying. I will say that this confirms the reason I am NOT an elementary school teacher as I attempt to add homeschooling for our 6 year old in addition to working full time. I am glad we are still able to take walks with the dogs in our neighborhood, but I have seen SO many people standing with their neighbors chatting close together and not being social distanced.

I understand that not being a teacher.i have to school 4 kids that are different grades.

No it is perfect this is why we are here. We have to be each other's support. You can change it. I feel the struggle everyday now because I am around more people that can have all of the carbs and stuff. And I try so much harder to keep my mind straight

You are good girl. they have cualflower chips now try them instead. do a pouch reset to get your mind set right

Back